3. Navigator of the Seas
We chose this cruise as it was leaving from Southampton and visited some ports in the med that we hadn't been to before. Having cruised with RCI before we thought we knew what to expect in terms of food quality etc. We had an outside cabin on Deck 2 which was fine. Good size, very clean, comfy bed, quiet and good shower. The position of our cabin made disembarking at ports very easy without having to wait for lifts! Our cabin steward, Thomas was professional, friendly and worked really hard! The majority of the staff were really friendly and the service was great. The ship is looking a bit tired and dated and has lost some of it's 'wow' factor. The itinerary was good and we were usually able to find a sunbed later in the day when we were able to sunbathe. Entertainment around the pool was sadly lacking; not much in the way of sailaways - usually just Wimbledon on the big screen all afternoon. Windjammer was it's usual mixture of food and the quality was fair - pretty similar to when we cruised on this ship 7 years ago - although the coffee is awful! I was disappointed with the lack of low fat alternatives available. Salad gets very tedious after a while without any low fat/fat free dressings to liven it up. Apart from Balsamic and a low fat raspberry dressing there were no other offerings. I asked for low fat mayo but apparently there is none anywhere on the ship! I'm sure that many people would appreciate a low fat coleslaw or Waldorf salad. Having commented regarding this on an early comments sheet we were presented with two plates of cakes in our cabin to thank us for our comments (was that ironic, taking the mickey or what?) Actually none of the staff seemed to grasp the concept of low fat and in the end I gave up - sticking to bland undressed food for the fortnight. I think the biggest disappointment though was the quality of the food in the Sapphire restaurant; in our opinion this has significantly deteriorated and is definitely not 'fine dining.' There was not one meal that I came away from thinking it had been anything special. In fact a few people we met described it as 'adequate.' We ate in Giovanni, Chops and Izumi - all of which were excellent but of course incurred an additional charge. Entertainment was hit and miss and often incurred additional charges or tried to sell something (very tiresome). Possibly the worst Freddie Mercury tribute I've ever seen. Some of the passengers were quite offensive; fuelled by drink - but no-one seemed to do anything about this. Particularly the overspill from the Two Poets pub where on two occasions we walked past and were treated to the rude version of 'Living Next Door to Alice' I'm broad minded but personally don't appreciate hearing f*** being sung very loudly; especially when children are around. I would not use Vintages as you would be subjected to the equivalent of a Friday night in Glasgow. There were also incidences of men in Cafe Promenade not wearing a shirt while queuing for food. Food being taken all over the ship with dirty plates being left in corridors, under seats and on the stairs. The curfew of 1.00 a.m. For under 18s is a joke as there is nowhere to have a quiet drink without loads of kids (usually eating pizza or cookies) running all over th place. I could go on - but won't - I'm sure lots of people like this kind of holiday and it's taking over from Benidorm etc. If RCI are going that way - then Ok - but be transparent about it. The final thing that tooled the holiday was getting Norovirus - maybe as a result of all the people I witnessed not washing their hands after using the toilet! I appreciate that this isn't RCIs direct fault. They have offered a reduction of future cruise to make up for my time in isolation - no thanks - I will definitely not be cruising with them again.

Butlins at Sea!

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Hot Diamond

Hot Diamond’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Fair sized cabin with lots of storage space. Good size bed which was comfy. Very clean although a bit dated. Powerful showers with good hot water. Very quiet in the evenings/night.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans