3. Oosterdam
The Good: AMAZING FOOD Pinnacle Grill The Band Art Gallery Personnel Had the Norovirus hit on the Ship and their Containment Procedures and protective processes was Great. THE BAD: > No Proactive Wait Staff > No wait staff to keep your beverages full. I had to get up 2/3rds of my time to get refills or get served which meant I had to get in line and wait at the Bar. > No wait staff to clear dirty dishes as you visit with your family. Traveling with my niece and nephew meant teenagers who eat a ton, so we always had empty dishes piled up on our tables. Only when we asked (when we found someone) did they finally clear. > Main dining room took 3 different people to receive milk for Dinner. Had to contact supervisor to get milk. Also, my niece asked to get an extra salad and the guy stated "Not right now I'm too busy". So apparently he was the only guy working our table? I think not. > It took until the morning of the 3rd day to Meet my Cabin Steward; he was in his closet working. > Unable to reach anyone for help in our Cabin late night; around 11:00. When we finally got a live person (after 30 mins calling around different numbers and then being on hold) asked for and extension cord and they brought a powerstrip. The did this twice. In the end, No extension cord was ever received. Reminder to bring an extension cord and Powerstrip on next Cruise. > The Burger Grill Closes after Lunch, so if you're looking for a late night burger on the deck or for dinner that is not going to happen.

Customer Service Destroyed the Complete Package

Oosterdam Cruise Review by dndgeez

• Sail Date: July 2017
  • Destination: Alaska
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
The Good:

AMAZING FOOD

Pinnacle Grill

The Band

Art Gallery Personnel

THE BAD:

> No Proactive Wait Staff

dndgeez’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Oosterdam price drops

Deluxe Ocean-View Verandah Stateroom
Cabin VD worn carpet
The Good:
> TV, 42inch Flat Screen
> Very Clean
> Tub in Bathroom (shower area ~2.5ftx4.5ft)
THE BAD:
> Worn Carpet
> Cabin Attendant (only saw him when he was cleaning)
> No fruit given until I called to have it delivered. Left out the basket and fruit type request with No response, so I had to call the attendant.
> Refrigerator was not very cold, so all water was semi cold.
Rotterdam Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins