3. Carnival Breeze
Was on the Carnival Breeze with my 2 daughters(7 and 12) July 8th thru the 16th out of Galveston. We used Galveston Limo shuttle(highly recommend), nice drivers that were right on time. Boarding the ship did take a little while but we were so excited we didn't care. Once on the ship about 1 pm we went right to the lido deck. Waited about 45 minutes in line for the Mongolian wok place. Didn't know where else to go. All the lines for food seemed long where ever you went. Luggage got to our room about 6pm. Had fun just walking around checking out the beautiful ship. Most nights we ate in the blush dining room. Servers were nice, food was very average. I'm not very picky since I work at a steakhouse myself. Servers always made dinner fun with all the singing and dancing. We did eat the sushi a few times. Food was awesome, service was nothing special. Typical Asian restaurant as far as service, nobody really friendly. Mostly ate at lido and blush dining room for breakfast. Not bad. Food was good. Milk and juice was always warm. Dr. Suess breakfast was awesome. Best breakfast of the whole trip. Filet Mignon and eggs! Yum. Ate at the Steakhouse for my birthday. Table wasn't ready so manager bought us drinks and sushi while we waited (nice touch). Food was great. Service not very friendly or personable. Mostly hung out at the Alchemy bar and the Tequila bar by the pool. Awesome drinks, average service. I'm a bartender/waiter for a living. I brought $300 in cash just for extra tips on top of my cheers program. I tipped $3- $5 cash per drink at both places. Rarely ever got a thank you or told my name. Really surprised me. I guess you need to tip them more than $40 per day to get recognized maybe? Oh well. My 12 year old loved Circle C. Met tons of friends. My 7 year old loved camp ocean. Our Cruise Director Mike Schwartz made the whole cruise. Super funny, full of energy and made the cruise flat out awesome. Without him I probably would try Carnival again. Our cove balcony room 2468 was great. Perfect spot between the life boats. Jose always had our room clean with new animals. Cozumel we did Passion by Twister boat. AWESOME! Highly reccommend. Did the Turtle farm and sting rays in Grand Caymen. Sting rays were the highlight of the whole trip. The turtle farm we only had 1.5 hours to sight see. Not long at all. Barely enough time to see anything. Would pass on that one next time. Jamaica we hired Errol with travel Jamaica tours. Errol was a nice guy. Went to Konoko Falls (way better than Dunns river falls). Only 3 of us on the falls the whole time with our guide. Went to Scotchies restaurant for lunch. So so food. But it was packed and Errol knew some employees who got our food fast. Second time in Jamaica. It'll be my last. Same old place where beggars bug you know matter where you go. Caymen was just beautiful. Definitely our favorite port this trip. We did dreams studio. Pictures came out amazing. Then..... he shows us the package options $900, $1200 or $1300. Are you kidding me? Was depressing seeing the beautiful pictures with my daughters. But who can afford $1000 when we are already spending over $5000 on our cruise? Oh well. The regular pictures on the ship turned out great so we were happy. All and all we did really have a good vacation. Will I go with Carnival again? Yes. Even though the food and service was average it was a great bang for your buck vacation. Cruise Director Schwartz is as good as it gets. The ship was beautiful. You get what you pay for it guess. I can deal with average food. I just really appreciate great friendly customer service. Like I provide at my restaurant. Looking at another cruise next year. We might try the Vista.

Great Cruise Director, nice ship. Average food and service.

Carnival Breeze Cruise Review by Drrandall

Cozumel we did Passion by Twister boat. AWESOME! Highly reccommend.

Caymen was just beautiful. Definitely our favorite port this trip.

Drrandall’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Get Carnival Breeze price drops

Cove Balcony
Cabin 7C 2468
Good, clean, good location.
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins