Marina Cruise Review

Marina Cruise Review by MHodges1456

• Sail Date: Jul 2017
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Concierge Level

My husband and I have been on many cruises, but decided to try Oceania for the first time.

We just returned from the Baltic cruise onboard the Marina. For the positives, the ship is very pretty, nice size and the food is good...I wouldn't say fabulous. Several of the meals in the "specialty dining" couldn't even prepare a steak to medium rare. It was either to done, or still bleeding. The best was the Red Ginger and the regular dining room. We tried this cruise because there are fewer people, but not knowing with that there is literally nothing to do. There is a show in the evening that is OK, but not up to the standards of the other lines. The casino is pathetic. They rarely had the crapps table open even during peak times, the slots never paid out, just took your money, and the blackjack tables (there were 4-5) only had the 15$ and 25$ tables open with a couple people playing....the 5$ tables were ALWAYS closed...so if you wanted to play just for fun forget it.

Now for the biggy, The WiFi was something out of the 70's.. Really a company that is a multi billion a year can't do better.... worse yet is that only one device can be on at a time. When questioning the computer expert on board he had a "just the way it is" attitude. And, they charge you a fortune for a daily package. We even spoke with the main desk and his reply was curt as well, giving us some explanation like we were 3 year olds and didn't know how to use a device. Even the employee at reception told us that we needed to line up our post and wait until between 3-4AM to log back on and send them... And, if you wanted to send pics (like facebook) you should only do 2-3 at a time...REALLY!

The water in our cabin NEVER got hot, only luke warm and that was after seriously running the water for 20 minutes. I called and they sent someone up to fix it, but it remained spotty following throughout the cruise. Our cabin steward Edwin was Fabulous though I have to say that.

Perhaps we just had a bad start, but none the less, we will never cruise on Oceania again. My husband and I are both in our early 60's and very active and maybe we just aren't cut out for this cruise line. We were both extremely disappointed from the beginning and it just didn't get any better.

The 9 countries we visited were great though. The 3 free excursions we took on Oceania were overcrowded and middle of the road. The other 6 were on Alla Tours and they were fabulous with only a max number of 8-16 depending with great guides...and much much lower in price, the buses on Oceania excursions were 35-40.

We will be returning to Princess for upcoming cruises.

MHodges1456's Full Rating Summary

Concierge Level
Cabin A2 10114

Our cabin was nice, but we have had just as nice a cabin on Princess. Our cabin steward was great The water was never better than luke warm. The shower you can barely move in and I'm only 5 foot and 116 pounds... they have a great tub, but who uses a tub these days. My husband had to shower in the tub....

MHodges1456