3. National Geographic Explorer
We decided to take Lindblad/National Geographic to the arctic because we had gone on a Lindblad cruise to Baja two years ago and loved it - But this was even better. We had one of the least desirable cabins (we booked late) but it was still more than adequate. The ship's public spaces are surprisingly commodious; lots of empty places to sit if you wanted to be alone. Very attractively designed. The food was ridiculous it was so good. Actually, a bit "much" sometimes. Everything was brilliantly organized and worked like clockwork. And the entire staff was so good humored and helpful. The most amazing part of the trip was the quality of the programs. We wanted to learn about the animals, the geology, the effect of climate change, the plants, the towns...everything. My standards are pretty high (I am a university professor) but everything was professionally planned and presented, with both enough information for the serious as well as enough entertainment for the casual. The program staff was unbelievable both in terms of expertise and also approach-ability. We so much enjoyed getting to know the naturalists, geologists, photographers, etc. You will probably find this hard to believe (I did at first!) but they really make you feel like a welcome guest. I should add that I was quite worried before i went about the fact that i am mobility impaired. The accommodations that were made to help me out were really outstanding,even though I was not able to do much of the hiking and kayaking. Everyone made it possible for me to do as much as I could, and did so without stressing me out in any way. It was helpful that there was a good quality elevator that made most parts of the ship easily accessible. THANK YOU, LINDBLAD/NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC!! Excellent service,

Sounds pretty corny...but the trip of a lifetime...

National Geographic Explorer Cruise Review by rlb37

• Sail Date: June 2017
  • Destination: Arctic

rlb37’s Full Rating Summary
Get Lindblad Expeditions National Geographic Explorer price drops

quite adequate; we booked late and had almost no choice at that point. But it was not a problem. Only a porthole, not a window. Bathroom very comfortable. Was close to the elevator which was very convenient.