3. Regal Princess
Our family of five (kids ages 13/1315) thought that this was the best cruise we had had in a while. The dining room staff was prompt and friendly which is especially important to us as my daughter is on a special diet for Crohn's disease. Our head waiter and waiter took excellent care of her. Our assistant waiter was prompt with the wine list and with coffee and tea every night after dinner. This was extremely nice as the last couple of cruises we had noticed a decline in service.as I think the waiters have to manage more tables than they did ten years ago. Our family also felt that the buffet was the best buffet. The food was good quality and tasted great. And there is food available all day, until 11 PM. We had been frustrated on a cruise last year that made it difficult to find food between lunch and dinner or after 9PM, when you got back on the ship after a day of sight seeing or after the kids finished at the youth center in the evening. Accessibility to food is important when you have kids. The embarkation and disembarkation was fast and efficient, which was a concern for us considering that the ship is quite large. We were on the Royal Princess two years ago and getting on and off the ship was time consuming and frustrating. So, we were very happy that it was not an issue this time. (St. Petersburg is a different issue, which I think is a Russian customs issue, not a Princess issue.) Our only complaint was the short day in Stockholm. We did not use any of the shore excursions as we found tours that better met our needs via CC and Trip Advisor. This itinerary is great for history lovers. We saw 15+ churches/cathedrals, 15+ palaces/castles, 10+ museums, and so much more. It was a tremendously educational for our children (and ourselves). St. Petersburg is definitely worth seeing! Our kids really enjoyed the youth program. The youth program had the right amount of structure for teens. My kids like loosely organized activities which they could participate in if they wanted to, versus "hanging out" or playing video games. I was worried about my 13 year olds being on the young side, but it worked out just fine. I did not want them wandering the ship alone, so the youth directors worked with us to informally check them in and out. We have been on more than ten cruises with our kids and this has been the best cruise yet.

Excellent cruise for families who love history

Regal Princess Cruise Review by erinshehane

erinshehane’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Regal Princess price drops

• Schwerin Castle
    Excellent tour! Christian is an incredible guide, bringing a very personal voice to the tour. We greatly enjoyed learning about the sites. The lunch was excellent.
    View All 23 Schwerin Castle Reviews
  • Wismar
  • St. Petersburg
    Impeccable tour! This was a quick paced tour to all of the highlights of St. Petersburg. Our guide, Nina, and driver, Alexei, were excellent. They were prompt, professional, and friendly. TJ gets their tours into the sites quickly and efficiently. There is a lot of walking (about 4-5 miles per day), which was not an issue for my family, but there were people on the tour that were not prepared.
    View All 13,580 St. Petersburg Cruise Port Reviews