Diamond Princess Cruise Review

Get with the program Princess!

Diamond Princess Cruise Review by Ravegan

• Sail Date: Jul 2017
  • Destination: Asia
  • Cabin Type: Balcony

We chose this cruise because of the very interesting itinerary. My daughter has always wanted to travel to Japan and we thought this would be a great cruise to try Princess.

I had purchased 2 balcony cabins on the Aloha deck which were very nice and well appointed. No complaints whatsoever with the cabins.

We have been on many other cruises and this was our first Princess cruise and probably our last. Let me start by saying I am a vegan and found it impossible to find anything edible to eat for our 8 day sailing. I met with the Matre' d as soon as we boarded and had high hopes but they were quickly dashed our 1st night in the dining room. Cold and soggy food was served to our table - very disappointing. We gave the dining room a few more tries but the food was just not that good and my family was tired of seeing me not getting edible food to eat so we gave up and focused on the buffet for dinners. The most disappointing thing was the food in the buffet - nothing fresh - all the salads had meat, mayo and cheese. I have never been on a cruise ship that didn't have something for me to eat in the buffet!

Most dinners were breadsticks- French fries - bread - yuck. Lettuce for lunch everyday again yuck - if I wanted lettuce I could have stayed home. Princess get with the program -

There are many people that are vegetarian, gluten free - lactose intolerant and vegan.

Why do you not have food for us? I heard others complaining as well. We all paid the same amount but were treated like 2nd class citizens.

Ravegan's Full Rating Summary

Balcony
Cabin BA A316

Our cabin was very well located midship and very spacious.

Ravegan