• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals
  • Excursions

AmaDolce Review

Editor Rating

Top notch staff - surprisingly rowdy and annoying guests

Review for AmaDolce to France
wagsdvm
6-10 Cruises

Sail Date: Nov 2016
Cabin: Suite with French Balcony

We'd never taken a river cruise as we normally travel independently, however, I knew we'd need help navigating our way through Bordeaux to learn more about wine. We were so impressed by our cruise director Elia, as well as the entire staff. The tour guides were very knowledgeable and professional. Virginie is truly a charmer!!

Unfortunately, our experience was tainted by a large group of rowdy friends who dominated the ship and activities. Their main objective seemed to be drinking to the point of oblivion. I never expected that from a river cruise!! The staff handled it well, although I think the waiters lost patience towards the end as these guests asked for extra free glasses of wine to take back after dinner in attempts to not have to pay for it at the bar. Talk about reinforcing the "ugly American" reputation...

The food was excellent, our room comfortable and spotless, and the morning views on the rivers were spectacular. Bordeaux is an exciting town and easily accessible from Paris by train.

Suite with French Balcony

I can't remember the room number, but we were adjacent to the lobby. Very noisy due to late night parties by the aforementioned group. I'm sure that doesn't normally occur though!!

3 Helpful Votes