3. American Constellation
Last minute decision to book this cruise. I had never been to Maine and it had been on our bucket list. Great ports of call starting in Bar Harbor. Love the size of the ship, met lots of interesting people during our week on board. The food is excellent, I think I had lobster everyday. With wine/beer provided at lunch and dinner and cocktails provided an hour before dinner and after dinner during the evening entertainment, our Bar Bill was $0. We booked a cabin on the second floor (206) with the balcony. It seems that all the rooms are about the same size, so price is dependent on where you are on the boat. We could hear the anchor being pulled up and set and the Fog horn, but otherwise it was very quiet. For some reason one of our ports was changed. We went to Bucksport. There was was a fort there, but we couldn't go up the Observatory. Nothing else to do in that town. Would have liked more time in Boothsbay Harbor. The service is very good and everything requested was responded to with a smile. Evening entertainment consisted mostly of singers (piano, guitar). Two nights was a lecturer.

Fantastic Way to See Maine

American Constellation Cruise Review by dkneerg

• Sail Date: July 2017
  • Destination: USA
dkneerg’s Full Rating Summary
Get American Constellation price drops

This was the lowest cost room with a balcony. It was a good size. The balconies are all the same size no matter what category. Bathroom was also very nice.