3. Viking Vili
WE just returned home from our first river cruise: 2 weeks Grand European Cruise with Viking was outstanding. We loved every minute. Relaxing, yet lots of history to see and learn about. I cannot say enough about the crew: they were the best we have ever cruised with (previously 5 ocean cruises). 186 people are taken care of by 50 crew. That does not count the numbers of Viking employees or associates on land that made our land excursions so seamless and interesting. They definitely have the logistics down pat!! The cruise director was terrific and I would go anywhere with him again. The food was not fabulous, and I only gained 1 pound, but we chose to do as much walking as we could which was the only exercise we could get. Longships are limited in size by the lock systems on the European rivers, and by the shallow rivers we traveled on. Hence the lack of an exercise room. Since we booked air through Viking, we had greeters at our arrival airport, at the hotel of our pre-extension in Amsterdam, at the Budapest airport. WE felt special that Viking was able to make our vacation worry free.

Fabulous Cruise

Cococat99’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Vili price drops

Veranda Superior
Cabin A 317
Heated bathroom floor, contemporary Scandinavian design. Great bedding. Bed not as comfortable as mine, but I did sleep like a baby every night. Clean, temp easy to control
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins