3. Grandeur of the Seas
We chose this trip for the deal. Getting on the ship went smoothly. This was my first cruise and my husband's second. Our cabin attendant failed to give us a copy of the ship's compass for the first day, so we were sort of lost and did not know what to do. Our cabin was very small and very noisy from steam banging in the pipes. The water in our cabin was way too hot. We had no cold water. You could get burned in the shower. When we told guest services about it, they fixed it-somewhat. They turned off the hot water. Then, we had to take cold showers. The cabin was very clean. The staff in the dining room was excellent and the food was delicious! The entertainment each night was wonderful! The dance class in the afternoon went way too fast for anyone to catch on, and I am a ballroom dancer. Otherwise, the activities were great. The service was very good, especially in the dining room. Our wait staff was exceptionally good in the dining room! The food was great! When we got to Kings Wharf, Bermuda, my husband and I went exploring on our own. Our dog sitter visits Bermuda quite often, and told us what to see. First, the ferry to St George was not running on the weekend. We had to take the ferry to Hamilton, then transfer to a bus. We were told, when we bought our bus tokens, that when we came back, we would have to change buses in Hamilton in order to get a bus back to the dockyard. When we got as far as Hamilton, they told us that the bus we needed had stopped running for the evening. There were 11 of us that needed to get back to the dockyard. Our driver took us as far as the bridge. He left us out at the bridge at 10pm. He called a taxi for us, but it took a very long time to get one, because it was the weekend. Be careful, because the bus schedules are not always accurate! Bermuda was beautiful! Cocoa Cay, in the Bahamas was wonderful!! The shore excursion to Atlantis was great! Would I go again? Yes, but next time, I will do some things differently. 1st-Pick your cabin ahead of time, instead of just being assigned a cabin. 2nd-Stick to the ship's shore excursions if you have not been to a certain destination in the past. 3rd- Allow extra time when you explore. The locals are on "island time" which is way different from our time.

The entertainment was great!

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by JBLM1

• Sail Date: July 2017
  • Destination: Bahamas
JBLM1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

Cabin 2027
small, noisy, but very clean
  Grandeur of the Seas Deck Plans