3. Celebrity Silhouette
I was travelling with a group of friends on this cruise. We met up in Stockholm a few days before to visit the sights. We stayed in the Södra Hammarbyhamnen area of stockholm which was a quick public transit ferry ride away from downtown (and the port!) On embarcation day, I took a transit ferry directly to Frihamnen port where the Silhouette was docked and walked right on the ship in a manner of minutes. This was one of the most efficient boardings I've ever seen. The ship is a beauty. Lawn club was in fine condition on the top deck, overall condition of the ship was impeccable. Staff friendly and plentyful. Pools well maintained and staffed (though the hot tubs were not warm enough... but that's just my preference). My cabin was an inside on deck 11 foreward, probably the largest inside I've ever seen. It was the same size as it's neigboring balcony cabins (minus the balcony). My group of 30 people had 3 reserved tables for fixed time dining at 20:30 and as one would expect on Celebrity the MDR food and service were excellent. I did not have one disapointing meal. Buffet was also impressive, selection and quality were up there with my expectations for Celebrity. Bar service was quick and efficient, I never had to wait for a drink anywhere on the ship. Entertainment on the ship was so-so... theatre shows were ok but nothing compared to the shows I saw on my last 3 cruises (Carnival Vista, NCL Escape and RCCL Jewel OTS). Main atrium band was really good, but had a very limited music roster. The same songs came back too often. I enjoyed all the ports, but my favorite was Tallin. I did not book and excursion and just walked around randomly old Tallin and was not disaponted. It's a perfectly preserved medieval city with a discovery on every street corner. On your way back to the ship, don't be afraid to go visit the huge abandonned looking concrete structure near the port. It's an old soviet era concert hall built for the Moscow olympics and a perfect example of soviet ultra utilitarian concrete construction. We took a red bus in Helsinki, but ended up walking around everywhere after our first stop as the bus couldn't access many areas due to a massive Pride-Day parade. St-Petersburg was as hectic as one would expect. Getting off the ship was quick (no wait), and Russian customs took around 30 minutes to clear. Riga was nice, but the ship docked in a lumber yard 40 minutes out of town (no I am not kidding!) and we had to buy bus transfers to get into Riga... not cool Celebrity you should have supplied a shuttle. While on board, I also did the "Behind the scenes" tour. Excellent visit to the "off limits" areas of the ship, I always love those tours... and Celebrity allows cameras so that was awesome! I would absolutely do this cruise again.

Once again, Celebrity knocks it out of the park.

Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Pat.D

• Sail Date: June 2017
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Inside Stateroom

I would absolutely do this cruise again.
Pat.D’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Silhouette price drops

Inside Stateroom
Cabin 11 1532
Largest inside I've ever had. 11th deck forward surrounded by aqua class balconies, a hop and a skip from the "Quiet lounge".
Sunrise Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins