3. Celestyal Crystal
I wanted a cruise that was basically exclusive to Cuba. The people to people program was very rich although I was disappointed that a cigar factory tour, Castro's grave and a rum factory (not just the store) were included. The staff on the cruise were exceptional at every level. They made the entire cruise enjoyable. This is an older ship without many amenities but it was worth taking for the port stops. The ship is not kid friendly. They have a few hours for small kids on the sea days and an hour of Wii time for teenagers. That's all. There is a ping pong table and a gym or the very small salt water pool (max 10 people). So my kids - ages 14, 17, 18 didn't have a lot to do on non trip days. The only problem I had was that food was limited and getting drinks was complicated. The ship was 1/2 full so there was only 1 place to eat for each meal, and the time span was short. This was limiting especially when we disembarked for tours. You can only order drinks on their very limited menu. Even if all of the ingredients were available, they would not make a drink not on the menu. If you are ok with limited amenities I would recommend the ship because it was worth all of the time spent off of the cruise to have an authentic experience. Would recommend upgrading to a suite or you will be very, very cramped in the cheap rooms.

July 2017 Cruise

Celestyal Crystal Cruise Review by mryouness

• Sail Date: July 2017
  • Destination: Cuba

Celestyal Cruises 1, Passenger Services @Celestyal Cruises has responded
Thank you for sharing your Cuban experience on-board Celestyal Crystal. All of our passengers' remarks are important for us. We hope to see you again on-board one of our cruise vessels in Aegean or Cuba.
mryouness’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Ages 16+
Get Celestyal Crystal price drops

I had a smaller room and when I walked in had a panic attack. It was about the size of my bathroom at home for 3 of us. I immediately upgraded to a suite with balcony and it was a much better experience.