3. Carnival Vista
I cruise at least twice a year and it is my favorite way to vacation. I had not cruised with Carnival for a number of years and decided to give them another try on their new ship, the Vista. First, this was the most unhappy staff I have ever seen. They were not rude, but seemed overworked with little time to make connections with people. Our room steward was rarely seen and did not even come the first day to replace towels and turn down beds. Other cruisers we met related that their stewards told them they are responsible for almost twice the amount of rooms than on the smaller ships. This led to the most disconnected service I have ever had on a cruise. Our room stewards have always known our names and made a point of connecting with us each day. Next, although the ship is new, it was the dirtiest ship I have ever been on and many of the hand sanitizer stations were empty throughout most of the time we were away. I was glad I had brought some antiseptic wipes with me as the bathroom in our room had not been properly cleaned. The shelves were filthy and there was trash from the previous cruise on the floor throughout the cabin. The most frustrating part of this cruise was trying to get our onboard account settled. A gift card and spa treatments which we pre booked and purchased were not applied. After many visits to guest services, the gift card was finally applied. The spa charges and prepaid items made no sense. Each person we talked to had a different answer and they blamed everyone from the spa to Carnival's accounting department. When I got home I phoned Carnival the next day. No resolution. So I asked to speak with a supervisor. I was told I had to request a call back which would take place within 72 hours. After a week of waiting, I went online to research who I could contact and found the emails for the person in charge of guest services. I sent an email copying both the CEO and CFO. Finally a call back and resolution. A very frustrating process and not the right way to treat a customer. Now for the good. Chris, the Flying Scotsman, is the best cruise director I have ever had on any cruise line. His whole staff kept energy high and people involved. There was a violin trio, Allure, who played in the atrium nightly. We made sure to get our pre dinner drinks there so we could enjoy the music. They were fabulous. We even asked for their CD. Also, we were in the path of tropical storm Brett and had to pass on Curacao. However, the captain maneuvered the ship in a way that we able to have a pretty good sea day with what I considered very little rocking. We ate at a variety of restaurants. The Italian and the steak restaurants were my favorite. Our excursion in Aruba was wonderful. The boat ride was great, the boat staff quite helpful, and the snorkeling lots of fun. I expected an email once I got home asking for information about our experience. This is where I figured I could write a review where they might be able to address the problems on this ship. Nothing from Carnival except several emails each day asking me to book another cruise. Needless to say, this will be my last Carnival cruise.

Last Time I will Cruise with Carnival

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by avienneau

avienneau’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8E
See above. This room was the dirtiest room I have ever had on a cruise. The steward was rarely around.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins