• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

Eric De Gray, CD release party onboard ship
Lee, Activity Manager and Eric, Cruise Director
Troll Fjord, Norway
Troll Fjord

A Norwegian fjords cruise has been on my list for a long time, and it was a given that I would do it on the Journey with Captain Johannes at the helm, as this is his native land and backyard. He did not disappoint. Narration from the bridge on a daily basis, antecdotes about the villages and their people, readjusting the route to maintain the calmest seas and insure the best scenery...all were part of the magical experience he provided us. But for the one rainy day in Bergen, we were blessed with sensational weather, which of course added to the enjoyment.

Food was exceptional in all venues; entertainment was outstanding, led of course by the best cruise director around, Eric De Gray. The singers and dancers were great, and all very personable. The White Night party (one of my favorite events onboard) was spectacular..a sumptuous buffet with fresh poached salmon delivered that afternoon, grilled lobster, and enough other entrees, salads, cheeses, sides and desserts to feed a third world country. Add to that more amazing entertainment from Eric and the cast, a conga line around the deck, a beautiful night, and you have the makings for a magical,evening.

I won't go into port by port, as the previous poster covered all that beautifully, but rather will share a couple of personal experiences which I think sum up the exceptional experience that I have come to love about Azamara.

Club Veranda Stateroom

Cabin V1

Standard veranda cabin with small bathroom (as they all are). But it is designed well, and my friend who traveled with me and I had no issues getting ready or navigating the space. This cabin is far forward (last one before crew quarters on deck 8), but I loved the location. Quiet and close access to the forward staircase.

10 Helpful Votes