3. Anthem of the Seas
It seems like everything was nickel and dimed for the vacation and even when paid for, it wasn't working. Case in point, we pre paid for a number of services and features, but when we got on ship, they were not on our itinerary. 1) On the third day (sailing day from Bermuda to St. Maarten) , my 100 lb, 12 year old, nephew was assaulted by a 6 foot 6 inch, 250 lb 70+ year old man in the sea plex at 8:30pm while on a Royal Caribbean Approved activity. His sister (14) and my daughter, 14, (his cousin) witnessed everything. Royal Caribbean promised us a copy of the incident report, but then when asked for it the next day, said we would have to get a lawyer to obtain it. This was handled (really not handled properly at all) by Royal Caribbean. That ruined our evening and half of the day on St. Maarten as we were not able to do what we wanted as we waited for the St. Maarten police to come. They did after about 3 or so hours. They were clearly on island time. For this alone, I would refund our entire trip or at least the equivalent of 25% as we basically lost this port of call. We are currently seeking legal advice. 2) We paid for the soda package, but found that there were very few machines on the ship -- just in Windjammer alone there were only 2 machines (there should be at least one machine every where you serve other drinks such as water and juice) and of the 2 machines, one was broken all week. Even if you found a working machine, there was often no ice, or no product (out of ginger ale for example). And that is after spending $10 or so a day for the package. Wouldn't have been a big deal had this just been included and not an extra charge. 3) We paid for the Royal Caribbean App but it didn't often work especially for Android phones. Again, wouldn't have been a big deal if it was just included and not extra. 4) We signed up for the iFly -- it broke on the day we were scheduled to use it. 5) We had 10 people in our party, and 5 rooms among us. 1 of the rooms which had 2 people, was a suite. Even with the extra paid for suite level, everybody had messed up reservations for restaurants and activities many of which included extra charges. Sometimes we were even charged twice for the same activity, or even had a double reservation for the same people at the same restaurant on the same day just a half hour apart. All of this nonsense required often standing in line for customer service on the ship --- over 12 hours among everyone of wasted time and energy just to get this straightened out. Took over 4 hours for 2 people on the last day just to get the bill right. 6) Activities were a real joke. My wife went to the Scrapbooking Workshop but when she got there, there were only a few people and a Royal Caribbean Staff member who didn't know what to do. They just offered a few things for sale but it wasn't a workshop at all. It seemed like all they wanted to do was sell you things all day long. Of the dozen or so English Language TV channels, I think 4 were devoted to excursion shopping or selling something on the ship. 7) My daughter (14) went to an activity (Can you count to a 100) and the Royal Caribbean Staff member showed late and just grumbled about having to fix a foosball table and other things. My daughter left 20 minutes after the start time as the Royal Caribbean Staff member wasn't doing anything other than grumbling. My nephew stayed but the activity never really happened. 8) My brother went to the Craft (Crap ?) Brew Tasting at Michael's Pub on the 2nd day and of all the beers listed, they only had 3 available. Over a dozen were listed on the menu, but none were available at all the entire trip. He was given some excuse about restocking at some ports of call, but that didn't happen as he checked back often through the cruise 9) They attempted to charge us for pool towels which were turned in. 10) About 10 minutes before the start of the We Will Rock You show, a waitstaff member serving drinks in our seats took my Dad's SeaPass Card (It was a Suite Level Card) to pay for the drinks. He never returned with it at all, but later found out the drinks were charged to our account. We had to stay after the show and talk to the manager to get a new card made. He had a new card made but it was a regular blue card, so he had to go make a new one which was a suite level one (purple). Also, that waiter was no where to be found. He could have just as easily went to the stateroom and gone through our stuff while we were watching the show. We had no explanation from this odd situation. 11) And last, but not least, is the ice cream machine. Why on a cruise serving over 4,000 people, and over 1,000 being kids could you only have a single ice cream machine that IS ONLY OPEN FOR 7 hours a day (from 11am to 6pm) And even at that, of the 2 machines, one of the machines was never working. They were both never working at the same time. I would expect an ice cream machine in Windjammer, and I would expect a machine to be accessible 24 hours a day. After all of this, a 3 was being quite generous, but the staff who saved it from being a 1 are the dining room wait staff and the hospitality people who clean up the staterooms. We can't say enough good things about them. They are excellent!!! and saved the rating from being a 1.

12 year old nephew assaulted in SeaPlex kids activity area

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by AnthemCruiser

9) They attempted to charge us for pool towels which were turned in.

AnthemCruiser’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 10 to 12
Ages 13 to 15
Get Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas price drops

We had a total of 5 cabins. 8274 and 8276 had a connecting door (both with balcony) and just a couple doors down (8266 and 8268) which were the same as the first two with the balcony and connecting door. We also had a suite (8234). The rooms were spacious (for a cruise) and our staff kept them very clean.
  Anthem of the Seas Deck Plans