3. Oasis of the Seas
We choose this cruise because 2 families decided to cruise together and both were avid cruises but had never cruised with Royal Caribbean. While traveling with the other family was fun, the daily hardships was not what I had in mind when going on a cruise. The worst of the trip was my youngest child got checked in to the kids club program and we had an adult dinner at a specialty restaurant. After dinner, I went to get my child and the counselors said he asked to go back to the room so they let him leave a performance from the lobby. He was only 7 years old. I was in tears. Luckily I ran to find my child in the cabin by himself. Complete child negligence. This cruise line puts all of its money into building its ships and advertising. Cruise staff are negligent. I can't tell you how many times I saw staff walk past trash, dirty dishes, etc and not pick it up. Sure the boat is pretty in decor but looks disgusting. Very cheap when it comes to the little things. You have to check out towels at the pool or to go ashore. The towels are not even that nice. No one would want to walk off with those cheap towels. Even though you buy the drink package, it doesn't include the pineapple drinks. The kids clubs are very small. Inadequate space for the kids to play safely and cannot do anything than the planned activity. Some counselors said mean things to the children enough to bring them to tears. Counselors do not communicate at all with parents if child had a difficult time. Weird hours for kids club. It closes down at least twice a day. Ice rink was actually only open 2 times over 7 day period for 30 min skate times. And not communicated at all on the ship. Got yelled at when we walked in to check on available free skate time. Room was nice but again very cheap that they don't even have shampoo, conditioner, lotion in the rooms. You must bring your own. Also with safety, there seems to be no way to fluctuate flow of water on flow rider. I saw a couple of younger kids get thrown to the back wall and hit their heads pretty hard. Still no lifeguards even though there continues to be kids who drown on their boats. There are multiple pools on the boat and when their own kids club sends kids free, they could easily go to the pool by themselves. Food quality was worse than a typical chain restaurant like Applebees. My child ordered steak the first night and wouldn't finish eating it and couldn't order it the rest of the week. And he eats steak at Golden Corral. Salmon and seafood was not fresh and overcooked. Very bland food. Went to specialty restaurant one night, and food quality was very good. Just don't forget to add cost of specialty dining every night to enjoy your experience. Went to the aqua show and was not impressed. Best entertainment on the ship was contests of the cruisers, not the trained staff onboard. Lack of information of what is needed for shore excursions and again no customer service. No towels available to take ashore. Would not recommend shore excursion with Royal Caribbean. Book on your own like we did in Cozumel and had a great experience. Their inadequate reservation system will not allow more than 4 per reservation even when there are more individuals in the same stateroom. I called in and made reservations for shows with Royal Caribbean and the staff have no idea of anything. And they made show reservations for 4 and left off 1 person on the other reservation for even their system is terrible and time consuming. They did fix the problem at customer service desk but understand every time you stand in line, it is about a 45 min process at customer service desk onboard. Good luck. Also must get wifi to keep in contact with your party. Walkie talkies don't have enough coverage even though we bought the best ones on board. And unlike almost every other ship, Royal Caribbean does not have an app you can use onboard. Again, that is how they get you to spend more money. I almost forgot that my 2 teens were excited about kids club until there was a fight there the first night so they never returned the rest of the cruise.

Beware of getting a good deal, lacks safety and customer service

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Cruiser45m

Cruiser45m’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Ages 13 to 15
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

Cabin was a nice size and good layout. Accommodated family of 5 very well. Only problem is they have very few rooms in this category so extremely hard to get. They clearly do not know how to cater to family greater than 4. Highly recommend Disney cruise for family of 5. Way better in every detail and even better price since Disney rates include nearly everything and they don't nickel and dime you over everything like Royal Caribbean.
  Oasis of the Seas Deck Plans

• America's Cup
    Amazing! So glad we booked ourselves. Royal Caribbean would not let us book with the age of our children but I sent email to the company and they were happy to book us. There were jobs for all ages. My youngest had a great time.
    View All 39 America's Cup Reviews
  • Arawak Aqua Park
    When we checked in for the excursion, they said it was closed. They said to check back after noon. We did and they said it was open. As we checked in, kids were returning from the water with their parents and asking for refunds because there were jellyfish in the water. Our older kids decided to go anyways and the all got stung by jellyfish. My youngest refused to go. There was a jellyfish right where the lifeguard told them to jump in. Also false advertising on Royal Caribbean's part. They claim that they have a private island. Let me be clear. It is not a private island. It is a private beach they bought on the island of Haiti. The locals harass you to set up chairs and beg you for money. Where we ate lunch on the island was a wall and a man with a loaded gun guarding the wall. It is a very sad situation.
    View All 61 Arawak Aqua Park Reviews