3. Anthem of the Seas
My partner chose this ship after I complained that the last ship we were one was a bit small and that there wasn't much space or activities on the ship in general and specific for adults. I was planning on never taking a cruise again, but we received credit from my first RC cruise because our stateroom reeked of cigarette smoke (we were nowhere near the smoking sections which made us believe that someone was smoking heavily where they should not have been smoking). My partner chose Anthem of the Seas because it's much larger and has a lot of activities. Somewhere along the lines I was also told that there were more pools to enjoy to somehow escape the outdoor pool that is always riddled with children. The adult only pool on this ship is no more than 2 feet dip. They're meant to be sitting pools so that was lame. The quality of food was actually disappointing compared to my experience on a smaller ship. The stateroom was lovely. Great space, much better bathroom than Grandeur. I really liked the use of Royal IQ on the phone and the stateroom TV. We got a charge for alcohol on our card. Someone typed in our room number for a couple getting Moscato, which irked me. Guest services was able to fix it, but I thought staff was to always use the Sea Pass for drink purchases? Entertainment was plentiful, but somewhat entertaining. Two70 is very pretty. Overall it was a good ship and I would give it a 7.5 or 8 out 10 overall. I think it's more me than the ship. I think I would prefer Symphony of the Seas or Harmony of the Seas which has the slides and pool deck for water shows. If it was my fist cruise, my score would be different. I had to compare Anthem of the Seas to Grandeur because I expected more from Anthem. It was a better class and bigger!

Nice ship

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by itsaloe

Entertainment was plentiful, but somewhat entertaining. Two70 is very pretty.

itsaloe’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas price drops

Great cabin. I don't know the category, but it had a balcony (unobstructed).
  Anthem of the Seas Deck Plans

• Bayonne (Cape Liberty)
    Pretty ugly and the locals are jerks on the road.
    View All 716 Bayonne (Cape Liberty) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Bayonne (Cape Liberty) Cruise Port Review
  • King's Wharf
    We just went to Horseshoe Bay Beach which was a mistake. There were two ships docked (including ours) and the beach was packed! I would recommend doing an excursion. I really enjoyed the bike tour from my first trip to Bermuda.
    View All 937 King's Wharf Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's King's Wharf Cruise Port Review
  • Kayaking
    Albert was great! This is a good kayaking experience for beginners and even if you are not a beginner, I would still do this excursion if you enjoy hearing some stories or history of Labadee, Haiti. After instructions and the safety speech, our guide told us where to meet him. When we met him, he would have us hold onto each other's kayaks as he told some history of the place. Then we would kayak to a different place and do the same. It was a great experience.
  • Rainforest
    The company that did the rainforest walk was great. It can be strenuous because of the incline you walk to the waterfall and back to the bus, so be aware of that. My legs and lung burned, but then again, I'm not in the best shape. Nonetheless, I thought it was a doable walk. The tour guide was great with his information. The waterfall was so worth all the inclines in the walk I had to take.
    View All 104 Rainforest Reviews
  • Kayaking
    The company that did this excursion was great. If you have kayaked before or are very athletic the kayak/snorkeling excursion is for you. I am not as athletic, but I have kayaked before and my arms hurt. I would recommend that the operator allow for a break or two in between destinations (other companies will give some sort of island history or tour).
  • Snorkeling
    I saw a sea turtle! Snorkleing was good. The water wasn't as bright as other places I've snorkeled. Also, this isn't because of the company, but you can tell that the coral reefs there have experience bleaching. It's not as colorful as I expected it to be a lot of it just looked like rocks (thanks to global warming). So that was a little depressing, but of course I know this because I am a bit of a water nut.
    View All 120 Snorkeling Reviews