• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

GlitteryUnicorn
First Time Cruiser • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jul 2017
Cabin:

This was our first cruise. Friends recommended the SeaDream cruises as intimate with excellent service and food. What we did not want: A massive ship where we were one of a zillion people and mediocre food & service. We have chartered private yachts in the past and like the first class experience.

Embarkation and disembarkation were simple and pleasant. From the minute you arrive to the moment you depart in your airport transport, you experience the excellent service.

Staff was outstanding, 91 passengers/ 95 staff on our cruise. Not only did they know your name but at one stop on the beginning of our cruise, I needed a hat and due to port rules, they couldn't sell me one, a staff member insisted I borrow hers!

Cabin Yacht Club Deck 3 Stateroom

No balconies but our room on the 3rd floor had a good sized window. The ship has so many areas to be social or to be alone, one doesn't need to spend much time in the room at all.

A family of 3, you could probably put a child on the couch.

Luggage stored under the bed.

Room was sufficient, larger than I expected. Furnishings cheaply made with problematic drawers. Overall a minor issue. Bathroom was also larger than I anticipated. Don't get me wrong, it's no private yacht bathroom but it's perfectly suitable. My husband isn't a terribly big guy but he did find the bathroom a bit cramped and found it difficult to shut the door while inside.

Pajamas - one size does not fit all but that's what they offer, xxl. It would be great if they offered, even a size medium but they don't. The top is fine for a night shirt; the pants are huge.

8 Helpful Votes