3. Celebrity Constellation
We took our four daughters, their spouses and our eleven grandchildren (ages 4 - 18) on an Adriatic and Italy cruise to celebrate our 50th wedding anniversary. There were 21 of us altogether, and we picked Celebrity because of the family cabins (allowing people to a cabin, with the ability to create two separate sleeping areas, and the huge verandahs for the family cabins) and of course, the itinerary. The Concierge class cabins were nothing to speak of, however. Most of the family have been on luxury cruises before, and one family in particular are Celebrity fans, so it seemed a good choice for the age groups (4 to 73) involved...it seemed to offer something for everyone. Boarding and disembarkation went well, the kids loved their cabins, and loved the dining in the Marco Polo restaurant every evening...to Celebrity's great credit, the waiters particularly Ishkander and Sagar, were wonderful and patient and creative.. offering magic tricks and extra desserts to keep all 11 grandchildren happy and entertained.. Plusses.. the wait staff in the Marco Polo, the cabin attendant, Dora, who was never without a smile.. the menus in the Marco Polo which were varied and kept everyone happy. The condition of the ship was fine, well kept and up to date...the itinerary was great.. Venice, Dubrovnik, Kotor, Malta, Sicily, Naples and Rome.. all were fascinating ports with lots to see and do. Entertainment in the theatre was good on the whole, with one fabulous British lady singer whose name I cannot recall...but some of the costuming was not appropriate for younger audiences. Minuses...the ship staff is constantly up-selling, from beverage packages to art auctions to yada-yada...(used Rolexes was one day's offering).. yet there was very little good information available about the ports to be visited.. and you were left with the impression that the cruise ship was only interested in selling things on board the ship.. the shore experiences were inconsequential. That was disappointing, since most people, I assume, were on the cruise to visit those ports in particular. The so-called Kid's Clubs were over-rated.. there was actually a dearth of children on board, which seemed odd to us since we had chosen a cruise line that catered to families.. the teens in our group were disappointed with the activities for their age groups. Service was spotty.. great in some areas (cabin attendants and the Marco Polo) but got sluggish and bogged down in other areas. Much of that was due, surely, to the outbreak of norovirus which hit the ship....and for our family, it was a painful experience..in all, seven of our 21 family members were sickened by the norovirus, with several family members falling ill the day we disembarked, which sadly affected their stay in Rome and worse, their flights back to California. While the ship acknowledged the outbreak of the norovirus, and repeatedly reminded passengers to use the hand sanitizers offered everywhere, the expansion of the virus aboard quickly affected the meals being offered in the casual dining food areas, and caused meal service to slow to painful and long lines... The medical center on the ship did provide free medical care, including shots and pills for virus victims, plus a mandatory 24 hr. quarantine for each affected passenger...but the fact that so many families were affected by the norovirus...certainly no one expected to travel thousands of miles on a family vacation to become ill! put a damper on the vacation...particularly on the part of myself and my husband who has planned this trip for 18 months...and expended more than $50,000 for the cruise. I would say that our kids and grandkids all enjoyed the cruise and the ship and the ports visited...and the ice cream! on the ship! I would say that, from my perspective.. wanting this to be a most memorable trip for our family.. I was somewhat disappointed. Would I go again? No.

Well, it was lovely except for the norovirus!

Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by mm21

Ages 16+
Get Celebrity Constellation price drops

Family Ocean View with Balcony
Cabin FV 7204
The family cabins were terrific.. lots of room great verandahs! Divisible into two separate rooms for sleeping.. perfect for kids..
the Concierge cabins were small, and it was hard to figure w out what the extra amenities offered really were.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins