Carnival Paradise Cruise Review

Adventure of a lifetime

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by sweetnewbie

• Sail Date: Jul 2017
  • Destination: Cuba

Cuba was the trip of a lifetime. The staff was wonderful to us and really only had one issue with a bartender at the comedy lounge. Fortunately our normal bartender came in and helped out and cut him off as he was very rude. Excursions were very expensive and they sold out before we had a chance to book. However, we went out on our own and had more fun than even the excursion we did take. Shopping opportunities might have been better. If I had to plan it, I'd bring cuban crafts and food on board for us to purchase. The rooms were tiny. And the steak, unseasoned. Food just wasnt what I expected for my first cruise. Teenagers avoided teen activities. They were not age appropriate for older teens. Slow going getting off the ship in Cuba. And coming back to Tampa, people were going bananas getting off the ship because of too many merging lines. Thought there was going to be some fighting.

That was the bad and it truly wasn't awful. The cruise director was amazing! The steward was wonderful. Most staff was pleasant and sociable. Just the one sour person. Steward for four teens in one room, incredible to them! Drinks were good. But everything could have STUNK because they brought actual Cuban orchestra on board and that was worth every LAST penny of that cruise!!!!! Pleasant staff. I'd do it again in a lifetime, but this ship, ONLY for Cuba. I traveled with seasoned cruise goers and the amenities were not what they come to expect.

sweetnewbie's Full Rating Summary

Cabin main floor ocean view M

Small. Teens, four to a room and there was no walking room.

sweetnewbie