3. Queen Elizabeth
We have been with Cunard in the Queens Grill a number of times, so obviously like it, and get what we expect. Particularly enjoyable about Cunard is the sense of serenity and spaciousness, so the ship almost never seems crowded, which makes for a calm and restful holiday: if you want frenetic noise and activity, this is probably not the line for you. Particular highlights of this round-UK cruise were the rendezvous with our namesake, the new aircraft carrier, HMS Queen Elizabeth, in the Moray Firth, the sendoff from Liverpool, with a 47 whistle salute in memory of John Duffy, followed by fireworks, and the visit to Kirkwall. Seas were calm throughout, although the weather was rather prone to be cold and damp. Embarkation and disemabarkation at Southampton were the most rapid we've ever had. The cabin was spacious and elegant, as it should be, and kept spotless, as it should be. All the staff I encountered were affable and helpful, and very supportive of the considerable number of frailer passengers. The food in the restaurant was as good as ever, with many of the menus the same as last year. I wish they would mix them up a bit, as there are some things I find it difficult to chose between. It was nice to be remembered by our waiter, but this should not, and, I think, does not, make a difference. Drinks prices are high, particularly with the state of the state of the pound, with the cheapest bottles of (perfectly drinkable) wine being just under $30. This was advertised as an arts and literature cruise, and a particular highlight was Robert Powell's presentations on Dickens, and, especially, Kipling. All in all,we got very much what we expected and are used to and noticed no deterioration in standards. I would thoroughly recommend the experience for a truly enjoyable and restful break

Enjoyable as ever

exlondoner’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Elizabeth price drops

Penthouse
Cabin Q4 7078
Large, though space could be better used, very comfortable bed, sitting area with sofa, nice large balcony, separate bath and shower, though bathroom lacks a shaving mirror. Probably the time is coming when the carpets will be replaced. There are two TVs, the controls for which constantly interfere with each other. Everything else is very positive.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins