3. Scenic Pearl
I chose Scenic based on a recommendation from a friend and then doing a thorough analysis. Since it was our first river cruise, I wanted to explore all the options. We wanted to see the tulips in Holland and having never been to Hungary, our choice was the Amsterdam to Budapest Jewels of Europe. I compared other cruise lines offerings for this route and found that Scenic was really all inclusive. We went in a day early and did a private tour of Keukenhof gardens and Amsterdam- well worth it. My husband had recently been diagnosed with Celiac so this was our first gluten (or anything) free adventure. They worked with him for each meal giving him the menu early and marking which options could be made without gluten. No matter where we sat in the dining room they brought him his special bread, muffin or dessert. We enjoyed the regional meals as we moved down the Rhine, Main and Danube rivers. The service was excellent. We had a slight delay in receiving our laundry (included) but that was truly the only hiccup. Dancing at night in the lounge with our Australian and British shipmates was a lot of fun. Enjoying a glass of wine on the sun deck was also so relaxing. The tours are great and you can usually walk back to the ship from town on your own. Just remember where it is parked! Thee are a ton of white flat river cruise boats and the do look alike. Many of the tours are walking tours although there are options. E-Bikes are available too but sign up early if you want one - there are a limited number. For a 15 days cruise we walked 85 miles according to my fitbit - which was good, considering how often they feed you! For Vienna and Budapest they had shuttle buses that ran back to the ship all afternoon. We were lucky and had only 1 afternoon of rain which we enjoyed in a local cafe people watching. We truly enjoyed this trip. We got to know almost all of the staff and the majority of the other passengers which would never happen on a mega ocean cruise.

Excellent experience - can't wait to go on another river cruise with Scenic

Scenic Pearl Cruise Review by Autumn72

Autumn72’s Full Rating Summary
Get Scenic Pearl price drops

We hardly spent any time in the cabin. It was smaller than ocean cruise cabin but adequate. It had a nice flat screen tv with all kinds of info on it. The balcony had a power glass window so you could let in fresh air.