3. Celebrity Equinox
We just returned from a great trip abord The Equinox. The ship has a cool vibe to it, and some areas of the ship reminded me of a South Beach hotel.

We were in #7208 one that had a larger balcony than most. Closet space, storage space was more than on most of the other ships we have been on (and we had lots and lots of luggage!) Great TV! Near elevator, but not too close to be a problem with noise etc. I would rebook this room. Compact "friendly" bathroom with plenty of drawers and shelves. Good shower too.  I , noticed that a fellow passenger complained about paper thin walls, and though that was not a "problem" for us, we did on occassion hear our neighbors, and beside that fact, the ship oozes of quality.

The specialty restaurants (especially Morano + Michel's Pub) are beautifuly appointed with amazing food and service as well. After thirteen days I was bored of the selections up at the buffet,and main dining room food was nothing to complain about, but nothing to rave about either (I managed to put on around six pounds anyway) I should mention that due to the hectic pace of all of the tours we only dined in the main dining room four times.

The staff throughout the ship was top notch ( I couln't smile 24/7!) When other passengers asked "Are you enjoying your trip?" my answer was always "there's nothing to complain about". In retrospect though I should mention the cost and service of internet aboard. I purchased the $99 package for I believe 240 minutes and I am glad I did since connections are VERY slowww and you waste lots of time. Since we were staying in Rome after the cruise, Celebrity provided the transport back into Rome. That was a shortcoming, since we had to wait for about 45 minutes for taxis to get us to our hotel. None were waiting. It was a pity to end an exceptionaly wonderful cruise on this negative note.

Cruise of a lifetime!

Celebrity Equinox Cruise Review by moilman

We were in #7208 one that had a larger balcony than most. Closet space,
storage space was more than on most of the other ships we have been on
(and we had lots and lots of luggage!) Great TV! Near elevator, but not
too close to be a problem with noise etc. I would rebook this room.
Compact "friendly" bathroom with plenty of drawers and shelves. Good

moilman’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Celebrity Equinox Deck Plans

• Athens (Piraeus)
    CROWDED!!!As crowded as Ephesus was Athens was MORE crowded! If we had time to research I think we would have been better off with a private tour guide. The new museum is terrific, don't miss it!

View All 1,107 Athens (Piraeus) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Athens (Piraeus) Cruise Port Review
  • Cairo (Port Said)
    The guide (Celebrity Excursion)on our trip to the Pyramids ripped all of us off for an additional 5 Euros, but gave it back after he was caught in his scheme! Though we traveled in Egypt with an armed security man, he was asleep portions of the trip, and on the phone constantly and I thought that he was worthless. Cairo? Whew what a cesspool! The Pyramids? Ahh...I finally saw them!

View All 39 Cairo (Port Said) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cairo (Port Said) Cruise Port Review
  • Haifa
    We had a great guide (Celebrity). He was knowledgeable and used the time wisely.

View All 147 Haifa Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Haifa Cruise Port Review
  • Jerusalem (Ashdod)
    In plain English...the guide was a moron! He was not knowledgeable, and talked about two pieces of sculpture for close to half an hour instead of touring the Holocaust Museum that we came to see. Eventually we needed roller skates to get through a venue that is so moving that you want to dwell for hours. He took us to "Rachel's Tomb", a very Holy place, where only Ultra Orthodox Jews come TO PRAY. WE intruded! Quite honestly this is not a place that tours should go. Go to pray YES, Go to intrude NO! Additionally, access is in an area that it not open to Israelis and you have to wait for access surrounded by twenty foot concrete walls, barbed wire, and lookout post with armed guards and machine guns. ( Now...don't YOU want to go?) Another waste of close to an hour. I would advise everyone to do some research and think about going with private tour guides.

View All 80 Jerusalem (Ashdod) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Jerusalem (Ashdod) Cruise Port Review
  • Kusadasi
    CROWDED!! I though that by the end of September the tourists would have left, but the ruins of Ephesus were crowded beyond my expectations. Great guide, and I am happy that we went on this tour with Celebrity. They take you to a "carpet Factory"....(uhh...make that tourist trap), skip it and use the half hour or so to go to the bazaar that adjoins.

View All 616 Kusadasi Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Kusadasi Cruise Port Review
  • Naples
    Having been at these places before, I feel qualified to say that our guide was knowledgeable and used her time wisely. Unfortunately this itinerary Naples, Sorrento, Amalfi Coast, Positano is so beautiful it needs more time regardless. We then ventured to Pompeii where, once again, our guide was great, boy oh boy though was it crowded!!! The excursion was the most expensive around $360 each and I would once again, consider the use of a private guide if you have the time to research one, I unfortunately did not.

View All 1,231 Naples Cruise Port Reviews