3. Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
About 2 years back I developed a desire to sail on the QM2. 50% of my friends who had been on the QM2 loved it and 50% hated it. Because of this I chose a short 7 day cruise from Sydney, Australia down to Tasmania and back to Brisbane, Australia, in February 2017. If it was not good, then I could endure 7 days. It was, in fact, very enjoyable. So much so, that we have booked two more cruises on the QM2. November around the Caribbean and 43 days in January 2018 from Cape Town to Brisbane. Our embarkation in Sydney was so quick and flawless. We were in our cabin very quickly. Far more efficient than on any of the other 14 cruise ships that we have sailed on. We had a balcony cabin on Deck 11. It was spacious and well laid out. We could not fault anything here. When we set out to explore the ship we were astounded by the size of it. Although it carried 2,600 passengers, because of the size, most lounge/bar areas were not at all crowded. Many lounge areas would only have 10 to 15 people in them. The service from every crew member was outstanding. The dining experience in the Britannia Restaurant was equal to any other cruise ship we have been on and we could not fault the quality of the food. The evening entertainment was quite good although we have experienced better on 2 or 3 other cruise ships. On the down side, there were 3 things that could easily be improved. There was always a long queue at the concierge desk due to only half of the service stations being manned at any one time. On the last two days of our cruise we had almost no hot water in our shower and on the last day we had NO shower water at all. Probably due to being on Deck 11. The first time I ordered two glasses of red wine it cost me US20. About $28 Australian. Money is not a problem, but, being Australians, we have an abhorrence to being ripped off. Which this certainly is. We bought no more drinks. So Cunard missed out by being greedy.

First cruise with Cunard but 15th cruise in total

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by Potofstout

On the down side, there were 3 things that could easily be improved.

About $28 Australian.