3. Oasis of the Seas
We chose this because of the location of the port as well as the time of year. We booked it in May for a July sailing. We also wanted to go out of a port close to home, which is Port Canaveral about half an hour from my house. I've only sailed on short sailings with Royal Caribbean, and I have never been on a mega ship such as this one. Overall the experience was pleasant, and enjoyable. Although they were almost 6500 people on board, It did not feel crowded. Even at the pool deck it is not crowded and we were able to find chairs if you wanted. The solarium is great for adults only. The biggest crowd was when we were getting on the ship. Although the dinners on the ship we're good to excellent, breakfast was left much to be desired. Unlike many other boats that I have been on, they did not have anyone making fresh omelettes, pancakes, or anything else it was all coming from the galley premade. We had a large interior state room on deck six by the spa, it was very comfortable and quiet. It was however on the opposite side of the ship from the main dining room. The size of the room was adequate, however the regular interior rooms are much smaller by about 35 feet, and I feel that would be very small. The shower stalls are very very small, i usually showered with the doors open. They do not provide more than a bar soap, and generic shampoo conditioner. I would recommend bringing your own shampoo and conditioners The ship has interior balcony rooms overlooking various sections such as Central Park, and the boardwalk. A couple of people I spoke with who had those rooms said it was a waste of money. You felt like you were on display if you were on your balcony, and you had to make sure your blinds were shut tight if not others were able to look in the room. We did the first night done right, and we're at the park grill, which was wonderful. We had attempted to purchase a an additional three night dinner package but were unable to get reservations at the places we wanted other than 5 PM or 9:30 PM. So we canceled the package. We did eat two nights at the solarium bistro which I highly do recommend. The shows were OK, couple of them were just not my cup of tea, such as the ice-skating and water show. Cats was beautiful, but we have had a hard time getting into the storyline so we did leave early. If you do book on the cruise, make sure you do your reservations, there were many people who were unable to get into various shows or restaurants because they did not make prior reservations.

First time on a mega ship

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Cherrock

Cherrock’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Oasis of the Seas price drops

The cabin was nice and well appointed, the bathroom is very small, the shower I had to leave the doors open if not I would not be able to wash myself, and I'm only 5 foot one. Our cabin steward was very nice and helpful, he kept the room neat and tidy and clean. Unless you don't care bring your own shampoo and conditioner, since the only thing provided is a generic combination product., And bar soap.
  Oasis of the Seas Deck Plans