3. Adventure of the Seas
We chose this cruise based on the port of calls. I have cruised with Celebrity, Carnival and NCL so RC was supposed to be an improvement. Don't believe it! The two "world class" Broadway style shows were more like a high school show or something that stepped out of the 70's. If you saw one show, the other was the same other than choice of songs. it was a little creepy they had an old man playing a young 50;s biker picking up on young girls.....both of his "biker" scenes were used in both plays. Our group fell asleep during their "Jackpot" show that featured songs from the 70;s; songs not that well known. The food in the Windjammer was great on day 1. After that, it felt extremely institutionalized. The food in the main dining room was re-purposed food from the Windjammer. I ordered Chicken Cordon Bleu one night and received a stuffed chicken breast with brown gravy. If you want a decent meal, you can go to one of two restaurants for a $35 per person up-charge. One area of this cruise I cannot complain in is the service. It was awesome dining room service! This ship is fairly small and if you plan on staying on this ship longer than two days, you might get bored. After playing a round of mini-golf, taking the water slide (my husband got stuck in the tube as there wasn't enough water flow), seeing a show, shopping at one of their four stores and drinking.....we were happy to exit the ship and visit the ports. We tried to go play bingo, but it's a minimum $50 buy in. OUCH! In my opinion, there are much better ships. Oh, did i mention that if you don't want to be run over by kids or are trying to escape your own, don't take this ship! I've never been on a ship so overrun with children! Every elevator was loaded, the adult pool had children who brought over their boom boxes, they thought it was funny to push every button on the elevator to make you stop at every floor.....I was pretty upset! I left four kids at home and had to deal with other peoples extremely rude children!

Disgusting rooms, bad smells and antiquated shows

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Kittyzmeow

Kittyzmeow’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

Our cabin was very outdated! We had toe nail clippings all over our floor from the previous cruiser during our entire stay...even after we asked our room be vacuumed. I pulled our curtains ti hook them to hold them back and the curtains were old and dust filled. i dropped my hairband by the nightstand and it had HUGE dust balls....the headboard itself had brown stuff that looked like blood that our pillows layed against...the fridge didn't work, and the bathroom smelled like urine the entire week. GROSS!
  Adventure of the Seas Deck Plans

• Parasailing
    We took the city bus from the pier to Palm Beach pier for a mere $2.60. Here, you can find many excursions so we did the parasailing. If you haven't done this before, I suggest it. Then head back to the beach and make sure you get a swim in. This was our favorite island and favorite beach. We will be back!
    View All 6 Parasailing Reviews
  • Bonaire
    The catamaran took us to a little area where we could use their equipment and swim around a little. The snorkels were filled with slime and mold so my daughter didn't want to use it. The water was deep, green, clear and absolutely beautiful. For a relaxing catamaran sail, I might consider doing this again if you feel the need to relax.
    View All 12,467 Bonaire Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Bonaire Cruise Port Review
  • ATV Experience
    Our ATV excursion started off a little sketchy as we were led to the outback in a Scooby Doo van. Once we got there, the guides had bandannas over their faces and there were about 8 shipping containers on the property. However, after picking out our ATV, we were led to the lighthouse, told about the cactus and went to a cave. As everyone was led to the cave, an ammo box was removed from an ATV so I stayed back....BUT it had flashlights in it and I was scared for no reason. This was one of the best tours to see the other side of the island and gain information. I highly recommend this tour.
    View All 5 ATV Experience Reviews
  • Distillery Tour
    Curacao distillery, not the greatest excursion but if you want to purchase curacao, do it here! You won't find it elsewhere. Then we went to the beach where you can get a chair for $3.00 and enjoy a nice swim. It was a decent tour.
    View All 61 Distillery Tour Reviews
  • Bacardi Rum Distillery
    Very informative and friendly hosts. The drinks were great and our friends bottled their own Bacardi rum. i would suggest this excursion at least once.
    View All 84 Bacardi Rum Distillery Reviews
  • St. Maarten
    We rented a car for $75 and toured the island on our own. Wow! glad we did. We toured the entire island in about two hours. The french side is a must see...but the World Famous Orient Beach was full of seaweed and a great disappointment. There are many beaches that surpassed Orient so I suggest doing your homework as you aren't in port for very long. Use your time wisely! Some of the best shopping on the Dutch side.
    View All 4,714 St. Maarten Cruise Port Reviews