• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: May 2017
Cabin: Deluxe Veranda 2B
Traveled with children

I wrote 10 pages of notes about how bad our cruise was for my agent's reference. I guess I just had high expectations after hearing/reading such good things about Celebrity over the years. But from the 4.5 hours waiting to board the ship to learning upon boarding that Celebrity screwed up our dining reservations to terrible room service food to only allowing kids in the covered pool from 5-7 pm (dinner time for most young children, and this was Alaska so no going in the uncovered pool)...the list goes on and on! Service was just plain awful, from the unsmiling customer relations staff to the useless buffet staff who didn't help my daughter when she slipped and fell on food that had spilled on the floor. We had bar staff ignore us for 20 minutes while we waited for drinks. Took 2 hours to get late night room service one evening. Had erroneous charges billed to my account from a specialty restaurant. I hated this cruise so much, I booked another one - on another cruiseline - while still on this one. The one and only highlight was the kids program. The counselors were outstanding and my daughter loved it. But no, I won't go back and will tell other well-traveled friends of mine not to go to Celebrity either.

Deluxe Veranda 2B

Generally the cabin was fine except very poor storage (not enough drawers) and the movies on demand were very limited in choice (ship had no movie theater onboard, and it was way too cold to go up on the lawn to see movies, so we watched everything the in-room tv had to offer and in some cases, multiple times). TV channels were also limited; I think the Tru TV/Impractical Jokers show was running 24/7. Bed was very comfortable though!

Port Reviews

Vancouver

Embarkation was absolutely THE WORST I've ever experienced. 4.5 hours in the terminal with my 4.5 year old and elderly parents. Two+ hours of waiting before we were even offered water, but no food. And by the time we boarded, there were no food options onboard. Just an awful experience all around.

Ketchikan

Way too crowded - at least 5 ships in port, so the town was overloaded AND our ship was the only one that tendered. We just walked around and had lunch at Annabelle's.

Skagway

Love Skagway - one of my favorite Alaskan ports. Not crowded at all, and even with the rain, we did a bit of walking. Lots of interesting shops and sights to see right in town.

Sitka

Really enjoyed visiting this port, which was a lot bigger than expected. Walked around town, at a Filipino restaurant (lots of crew there as well), and overall a nice shopping experience with great weather.

Victoria

Victoria is a great port to visit. So much to see and do, and it's a beautiful city. We went to the natural history museum, which was fantastic; the dioramas and interactive displays that you can explore are absolutely fascinating. Just wish we had more time in this port.

Find a Celebrity Solstice Cruise from $934