3. Celebrity Solstice
I wrote 10 pages of notes about how bad our cruise was for my agent's reference. I guess I just had high expectations after hearing/reading such good things about Celebrity over the years. But from the 4.5 hours waiting to board the ship to learning upon boarding that Celebrity screwed up our dining reservations to terrible room service food to only allowing kids in the covered pool from 5-7 pm (dinner time for most young children, and this was Alaska so no going in the uncovered pool)...the list goes on and on! Service was just plain awful, from the unsmiling customer relations staff to the useless buffet staff who didn't help my daughter when she slipped and fell on food that had spilled on the floor. We had bar staff ignore us for 20 minutes while we waited for drinks. Took 2 hours to get late night room service one evening. Had erroneous charges billed to my account from a specialty restaurant. I hated this cruise so much, I booked another one - on another cruiseline - while still on this one. The one and only highlight was the kids program. The counselors were outstanding and my daughter loved it. But no, I won't go back and will tell other well-traveled friends of mine not to go to Celebrity either.

First timer, big disappointment

Ages 3 to 6
Get Celebrity Solstice price drops

Deluxe Veranda
Cabin 2B
Generally the cabin was fine except very poor storage (not enough drawers) and the movies on demand were very limited in choice (ship had no movie theater onboard, and it was way too cold to go up on the lawn to see movies, so we watched everything the in-room tv had to offer and in some cases, multiple times). TV channels were also limited; I think the Tru TV/Impractical Jokers show was running 24/7. Bed was very comfortable though!
Sunrise Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins