3. Diamond Princess
I have been cruising for quite a few years so much so that I have been lucky to have been to almost all the ports in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe. I, not long ago came back from a cruise in South America visiting Chile , Argentina and Buenos Aires and all ports in between including Port Stanley in Falkland Islands. I wanted to see Japan, S. Korea and Taiwan and the opportunity arose and I booked this cruise on Diamond Princess. It is a amazing ship very big in size but good in all the comforts and activities. There was one disappointment that the entertainment director was not up to standard. He came on the stateroom TV from time to time and was reading from the script, coughing and hardly making sense of what he was saying. It was better to read the program sheet than to listen to him. The entertainment was mediocre and seen better performers on other cruise ships, repetitive with the same people appearing from time to time. But the Large screen showing "movies under the stars" was good to excellent. Perhaps thee should be more movies shown when at sea and at night to give the customers a better choice of entertainment. The food in the Horizon restaurant was of good quality, hot and appetizing. The waiter service in the restaurant was good to excellent and always met with a smile. Hard working staff all round.

Great Cruise

Fathergoose07’s Full Rating Summary
Get Diamond Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IA A314 ALOHA
My cabin steward RENE, was an excellent man who ensured that the cabin is always clean and the bed is made twice daily. He always greeted me with a smile and ensured that if I wanted to know anything, he would get the information for me.
Baja Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Nagasaki Peace Park
    The guide spoke excellent English and gave us plenty of time to spend in the museum and the park. Avery emotional visit.
    View All 23 Nagasaki Peace Park Reviews
  • City Tour
    We visited the historic city and the guide spoke excellent English. Being born in Okinawa, he gave us quite a few facts about the historic city. We had plenty of time for shopping and visiting restaurants etc.