Marco Polo Cruise Review

Avoid this ship

Marco Polo Cruise Review by ChrisWakefield

• Sail Date: Jun 2017
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea

Chose this cruise as it was going to St Petersburg, wish I hadn't bothered, the smell of diesel hit me and my daughter on embarkation onto Baltic Deck, we were held up for 25 hours on the return journey on the Kiel Canal, lots of different stories as to why, the captain when he made an announcement could hardly be understood, in fact it became a standing joke among the passengers. We were all given £50 per cabin as compensation and the promise of free soft drinks, speciality tea & coffee for the Monday only to be told hours later we'd have to purchase them using the £50. The smell of raw sewerage permeated our cabin bathroom on several occasions and one passenger was shaving in his shower when he noticed he was stood in raw sewerage, the result being his whole cabin had to be disinfected!

I decided to try this company having sailed with a larger cruise company on several occasions without any problems, one of the reasons I chose CMV was the lower price, and I found to my dismay you really do get what you pay for! Would I use them again?.....id sooner donate a kidney without anaesthetic, try them yourself at your peril.

ChrisWakefield's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Twin inner 224

Basic, bog standard cabin with not enough room to swing the proverbial cat, my daughters duvet second day in had a u shaped staple embedded in it which scratched her hand, taken back to reception got an apology and a new duvet but wasn't followed up in any way.

Wasn't told when I bought the ticket it was the last tour of the day, and that the bus didn't run until 10 am the following day, given we were leaving at 12 not worth bothering, the queues at the bus stops for this bus as we toured the city were appalling, people arguing etc

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Winter Wonderland

Winter Wonderland was poor, 2 accidents while we were there,not run properly at all, no ice statues etc held in a big metal warehouse, poor value for money

View All 21 Winter Wonderland Reviews