3. Golden Princess
We are seriously thinking that this might be our last cruise with Princess. We are Elite status with the Captains Circle membership & usually book a mini suite. My husband & I chose this segment of the Circle Pacific cruise (from Osaka to L A) as this was one part of the cruising world that we had never seen before. We stayed in Osaka for 4 days prior to the cruise & had a wonderful time. Our experience on boarding in Osaka was not what we expected with long queues & staff that did not recognise Elite & mini suite preference. We arrived to our cabin with noone to greet us. I noticed that bathrobes were not hanging in wardrobe, & no mini bar set up & no fresh fruit bowl set up. Our room steward finally arrived & said that the mini bar would be set up & there would be bathrobes. I realise that these are minor things but over the years they have been little things to which we are acustomed to receiving. It took 1 day to get mini bar set up & on the second day I went to see Princess Circle personnel about the bathrobes & fruit to be told I should request them!! On departure day after a fabulous cruise we had booked a debark tour which was to Long Beach & then to airport. I would have preferred to leave the ship closer to lunchtime as our flight wasn't till late that night, but it wasn't to be. We were dropped off at an Outlet centre at Long Beach at about 9am. This was Princess idea of seeing Long Beach. The outlet centre did not open till 10 or even 11 am & was the last thing we wanted to do so we just sat around till we were picked up & dropped to the airport at about 1:15pm. What a disappointment. Come on Princess, you can do better. Some of the room stewards need better training. If I entertaned guests in my home I certainly would not make a bed with a sheet with holes in it!! True story. The quality of the food on board in the dining areas was not good enough & a lot of the time was not hot enough. Wish I'd had a food thermometer on me. I was getting worried. Sabitinis was excellent as usual & the International Cafe was very good. The entertainment in the theatre was good & I must give special mention to the Acoustic Rush Trio who performed every day in the Piazza & had their own show in Vista. They were just splendid. We saw the Captain twice on our leg of the voyage & rarely saw any other staff. They did not mix as they have done on previous cruises. I could go on & on, but will just say that we enjoyed all the ports of call, & most of the staff and crew. Golden Princess is looking a little tired, but if it does get a radical upgrade, please don't take away Skywalker. We loved going up there during the day to relax & chat & watch the ocean & occasional whale.

Feeling a little let down

Golden Princess Cruise Review by crafty chook

• Sail Date: June 2017
  • Destination: Transpacific
  • Cabin Type: Mini-Suite with Balcony
We are seriously thinking that this might be our last cruise with Princess.

We stayed in Osaka for 4 days prior to the cruise & had a wonderful time.

Sabitinis was excellent as usual & the International Cafe was very good.

crafty chook’s Full Rating Summary
Get Golden Princess price drops

Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MB
Needs an upgrade. Very tired looking
Dolphin Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins