Carnival Paradise Cruise Review

Carnival Paradise Cruise Review by kappagirl222000

• Sail Date: Jul 2017
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

This was mine and my husband’s first cruise and it was absolutely fantastic! While I could write a novel about our experience but I will try to condense it down.

We were able to get right in our room with no problem and met our room stewards right away Ni Lhu was amazing the whole week. We always had towels, fresh ice and anything extra I needed was in my room right away. Needless to say she got a pretty good extra tip.

Dinner every night was amazing. We had Wanchai as our head waiter and he and his team was a blast. We made sure to request him every night. Food was fantastic.

Saturday-getting on the ship was not as bad as I anticipated it to be. We had FTTF so we were able to skip the general line but it seemed that they didn’t not have enough people at the counter to quickly move through the different lines so it took a little bit but we were there early enough that it was no biggie. We pretty much just explored the ship and spent time out on the Lido deck.

Sunday-This was Key West day.

We were able to get off the ship with ease. We bought tickets for one of the trolley tours which took us all around town and gave us history about the different places we saw. We got off on the last stop and went to Kermit’s to get some Key Lime Cookies which were awesome.

Monday-Sea Day/Elegant Night

On this day we went to the brunch. It was delicious!! I had the funny French toast which was coated in honey nut cheerios. Then I went to the pool while hubs went and took a nap. The pool is saltwater which I was not expecting but rather enjoyed. Then it was time to get ready for dinner. I really enjoyed getting dressed up. We went and did some of the formal pics. I will say I was not a big fan of having to do a ton of poses. I just wanted to stand there arm and arm with Hubs and take a pic. After dinner we went to the Comedy show with is hilarious.

Tuesday-Cozumel

Again getting off the ship was super easy. We spent the day going through the port shops and watching some of the local singing and dancing. We stopped at Ponchos backyard and had a bite and watched the Marimba Players. They were really good and even let my MIL play with them. Then it was back on the boat for moor pool time and dinner.

Wednesday-Sea day.

One Wednesday we took the Behind the Fun tour. I recommend this to everyone. We got to see the kitchens, the control room; we went on the bridge and met the captain. It is about three hours and all walking so make sure to take comfy shoes. After that we went to the Chocolate Extravaganza which is exactly how it sounds. Chocolate as far as the eye can see. After “lunch” my In -laws went to rest and we went to play Bingo-which we did every day. We never won but it was fun playing. After dinner hubs and I went to the rock show which was phenomenal, we actually saw it twice. Then back to the room to finish packing and get ready for the next day.

Thursday-Debarking

Getting right off the ship was as breeze.

The only cons for me are that the Casino is smoking. We did not get to enjoy it as much as we would have had it been nonsmoking. I also wish they would enforce the dress code in the dining room. Other than that everything was amazing and I can’t wait to do it again.

kappagirl222000's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View
Cabin 6C U121

The cabin is what I expected. Would I have liked more room, yes but I understand and felt that the space was fine.

kappagirl222000