Chose this cruise because of the ports, mainly because it was Fly Cruise, prefer it because you are into warm weather from day 1. Fly to Valletta, 1 week one direction, Athens Albania, etc back to Valletta (so we had a full day there) then around to Venice and Croatia. Never been in Oceana before and had read reviews on here, so didn't know what to expect. Everything was fine, I believe it is there oldest ship but it doesn't detract in any way, if you are determined to look for faults instead of enjoying the good points you may think the carpets are a bit tired, but hey you are in holiday, look for all the good points! The atrium is beautiful, the staff treat you like royalty, I will say the food is not as good as years ago when I first began cruising when we had silver service but it's still good and excellNt value for money. Must say though it was surprised to see cottage pie one evening! Having said that I had lobster on two occasions. Entertainment: illusionist , comedians, Blue Jays singing 50's hits, Electra (modern violin) - something to suit all tastes. Personally didn't like the music/band played on deck in the afternoons (more the volume really) we could hear it in our cabin too. But I guess other people do like it! Th last day was at sea, sailing back to Valletta to fly home, captain announced an engine problem that slowed the ship down - we could be 3 hours late back to port, but all those passengers who had booked their flight through P and O would be put into a hotel and found another flight if necessary, those that booked separately would be helped to find another flight too. In th the last end they managed to put the ship on full throttle and we caught our flight, top marks to the captain! However we felt reassured that we would be helped and that was a great relief. The only stop we didn't really like was Albania and that was only substituted because of problems in Turkey earlier in the year. Everywhere else was wonderful. Was delayed 2 hours getting off on Hvar, because the ship is only allowed 2 tenders, and the tiny port is absolutely full of every type of boat you can imagine. Not the fault of P and O although disappointing to us, so my advice is get your tender tickemvery early!

Great cruise and ports, P and O gave us a great holiday

Oceana Cruise Review by Allypally54

• Sail Date: June 2017
  • Destination: Europe
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom with Shower

Allypally54’s Full Rating Summary
Get P&O Oceana price drops

Balcony Stateroom with Shower
Cabin JA A502
Had a cabin upgrade at the last minute with balcony - booked outside - so we're highly delighted, everything as it should be, it's not a new ship so it was as we expected.
Had breakfast on the balacony a few mornings, delightful!
  Oceana Deck Plans