3. Coral Expeditions I
When I look at any review of the Expedition 1, the word "amazing" is used countless times to describe the crew. Thus I am going to mention the most amazing crew that looked after my old school friend Jenny and I on this recent expedition. I do not use the word "cruise" as there is no swimming pool, spa, gym, massages, beauty salons etc. on board this catamaran - just good conversation, interesting lectures and presentations. The 43 passengers experienced non-stop first rate service . So thanks to Master Joshua Coxall, First Mate - Phil Andrew, Engineer - Heath Douglas-Geary, General Purpose Hand - Aidan Singh, Purser - Amy Rankin, Chef - Tom Giblin, Senior Cruise Attendant - Joel Smith and Cruise Attendants - Marion Grandi, Alison Roche, Kirralee Evans and Josephine Grimshaw, Expedition Leader - David Keech, Guest Lecturers - Tim Harvey and Michael Hermes. David was such an enthusiastic leader, keeping us fully informed of the procedures of the day. On his back he carried a heavy first-aid back pack wherever we went once off the boat. Tim and Michael shared so much of their extensive knowledge of the Kimberley as we viewed awesome waterfalls, Montgomery reefs, pristine shorelines and lagoons, sunsets, turtles, a DC3 plane wreck, ancient Aboriginal rock art, boab trees, sunsets, bird life, sunsets, crocs, micro bats, helicopter ride, tawny nurse sharks, complex geology, quolls and rock wallabies, and sunsets. Yes - I love sunsets and they must be seen to be believed. In addition we enjoyed skimming along the water in The Explorer which held us all. David, Michael and Tim worked so well as a team with great humour. They encouraged us to ask questions. I think they could answer most of them. They kept a close eye on the safety of the passengers. We didn't mind how long it took them to check that the little lagoons we were anticipating swimming in were croc free! During our trip David and Tim took incredible photographs which they shared on a website for us all to view. Obviously they have "seen it all before" but one would think that it was their first encounter of the Kimberley as they were so enthusiastic. I might add that some of Tim's paparazzi photos were not too flattering. No-one has sued him as yet. Mention must be made of Tom the Chef. We marvelled at how he managed to serve up endless gourmet meals from a small galley. We also enjoyed appetising BBQs on the beach watching the sunset. I hesitate to tell you this, but one woman offered her daughter to Tom! Ever smiling Amy and her staff were multi-tasking - taking orders, serving meals, clearing away, running the bar, cleaning and making up all the cabins and tending to all the endless requests from the passengers. What a team. When we disembarked in Broome, the staff lined up on the wharf to farewell us. Seemed like we were saying goodbye to old friends and we felt sad. Without a doubt this whole experience and every crew member involved was truly AMAZING.

NAME THAT AMAZING CREW