3. Carnival Conquest
I chose this cruise mainly because I wanted a reasonable priced cruise that would be good for kids. Last year we sailed the Norwegian Getaway for a week which was awesome but this year I didn't want to spend nearly that much, so I opted for a 4 day Carnival Cruise. The Good.... - We had two connecting oceanview staterooms which were big (compared to other cruise staterooms) - The cruise had many activities for all ages. - The pool areas were large and fun. - The staff was helpful and mostly friendly - The teenage kids (15-18) had a great time with Savage, the camp counselor. - The comedians were pretty funny. -The burgers were good from Guys Burger Joint -Enjoyed the soft serve ice cream!!! -The boat was pretty clean The Bad - The boat is old but pretty interesting - The Embarkation was the WORST I've ever seen...Lines Line Lines - The buffet food was terrible....the omelets were good but that's about it. MORE LINES -The dining room food was awful...tried a wide variety of foods on the menu and most were flavorless. -My time dining???? We did my time dining which if you waited until after 7pm, be prepared to wait an hour to be sat even though the dining room was half empty. -They offered no photo package deals -The photographers didn't take the time to take good photos. The pics came back super blurry. -Disembarkation took FOREVER! It was almost 11am before they even started calling passengers with checked baggage....and then there were MORE LINES in customs. The bottom line..... It wasn't an awful cruise but I kept comparing it to the NCL and RCL cruises I took last year. There is no comparison. My main complaint is that the food was NOTHING GREAT and there were TOOOOOO MANY LINES.

Just OK....

Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by JLO_1212

• Sail Date: July 2017
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

The Good....

- The cruise had many activities for all ages.

- The pool areas were large and fun.

- The staff was helpful and mostly friendly

- The teenage kids (15-18) had a great time with Savage, the camp counselor.

- The comedians were pretty funny.

-The burgers were good from Guys Burger Joint

-Enjoyed the soft serve ice cream!!!

-The boat was pretty clean

The Bad

- The boat is old but pretty interesting

- The Embarkation was the WORST I've ever seen...Lines Line Lines

-They offered no photo package deals

The bottom line.....

JLO_1212’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Ages 16+
Get Carnival Conquest price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6C 1396
The cabin was old but decent size. It was clean and the beds were pretty comfortable (compared to other cruises I've taken)
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Half Moon Cay
    The beach was beautiful. We opted to not take a scheduled excursion and rented some kayaks and a hobie cat for an hour. It was so fun...I highly recommend the hobie cat.
    View All 1,186 Half Moon Cay Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Half Moon Cay Cruise Port Review
  • Nassau
    So my husband and I were cruising with our 4 children (two under 13 and two over 13). They wanted to go to Atlantis which would have cost over $1000 for the DAY!!!!!!!! 13 and over was $189/pp and 13 and under was $149/pp. Instead I rented a room at the Comfort Suites and got 4 adult passes included in the cost of the room (which was $400) and then I went to Atlantis and purchases 2 kids bracelets ($99/pp), So for about $600 we all went to Atlantis with full access to everything. Still an obscene price BUT WAY better than $1056. Atlantis was beautiful and the kids had a great time.
    View All 5,884 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews