Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by rubytiara

• Sail Date: Jul 2017
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom

Thoroughly enjoyed this cruise. Leroy & Saw in the Diamond Lounge were excellent.

Really enjoyed the ports, especially DePalm Island in Aruba...what a great place...just wished I could have stayed a couple more hours there. We did the chocolate factory tour in St. Kitts...mostly it's just a video of how they make the chocolates. You don't actually see the equipment. I probably would have saved my money had I known this.

This is a fun ship for kids with lots of water activities. Disappointed that there wasn't a new ice show...same one I saw about 10 years ago.

Be aware that in San Juan, the taxis ONLY take cash. I ran through a ton of my cash just paying taxis and tips to porters. I usually put everything on my credit card (for the miles), so don't carry much cash anymore. Also, if you stay the night before at a beach location, be alert that there are sand fleas (no-see-ums) on the beaches at twilight. I didn't know this and got horribly bitten...made my first couple days of cruising miserable until I could get to some hydrocortisone at our first stop.

rubytiara's Full Rating Summary

Interior Stateroom
Cabin K 6847

This was a very nice and roomy interior cabin. Never felt cramped. Interiors save me $$ and my daughter & I sleep better without exterior light.

San Juan

Taxis only take cash...no credit cards. Lots of hands out for tips everywhere.

Loved, loved this place. Fabulous water park for my daughter, plenty of beach chairs, lots of decking so you're not in the sand. Wonderful all-inclusive lunch & drinks, very clean and relaxing. Just wanted to stay a few more hours.

View All undefined undefined Reviews

This is actually a video/power-point presentation on the history of chocolate in St. Kitts. You don't actually see the chocolates made, which was a real disappointment. You do get to make a couple chocolate cups, but nothing I can't make at home. Then they send you to their store to buy their very expensive chocolates. This was not what my daughter & I were expecting. We thought we were really going into a factory, instead just a video of their machines. I could have found that on the internet.

View All undefined undefined Reviews