3. River Countess
We chose a River Cruise as it was recommended to us by our Travel Agent. In addition to the river cruise, part of our vacation was a Land Tour before and after the cruise. Staying on the River Countess was the best part of the trip although we were unable to sail on the Po River due to low water levels. We actually only sailed the Venice Lagoon twice. The service by the staff was excellent namely Andreea, Crisitan and Tibor. On one of the sailing days, one of our tour guides, Tamara, described the lagoon and islands as we sailed. She also provided us with an educational wine tasting afterwards in the lounge. We were able to select and participate in many excursions based on our interest level. One of my favorite days was visiting Torcello, Burano and the Venissa Winery! The four hour round trip to Bologna was difficult for the short amount of time spent there. I did enjoy the pasta making workshop and appreciated the opportunity to participate in the making of the tortelloni. Embarkation and disembarkation went very smoothly~the crew is well organized and professional. I would definitely book another River Cruise in the future!

Our First Experience to Italia

River Countess Cruise Review by mdickson

• Sail Date: June 2017
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Suite with French Balcony

I would definitely book another River Cruise in the future!
mdickson’s Full Rating Summary
Get Uniworld River Countess price drops

Suite with French Balcony
Cabin S 412
The suite and butler service was excellent. We opted to have breakfast served in our suite on most mornings as well as a delicious dinner one evening. Tibor, our butler, was very attentive to our needs and ensured a comfortable environment for us all week long.

The suite included unlimited laundry service, shoe shining, pillow menu, coffee/tea, full service bar with premium spirits & wine. A beautiful bathroom with double sinks, heated floors and towel rack!

Unfortunately, we only had an ocean view for one day & one night out of the entire week. When we finally had an ocean view, another boat, The Michelangelo, was docked right next to us! When I awoke in the morning and opened the curtain I was looking into another ship!
Marco Polo Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins