3. Marella Celebration
We have been cruising with Thomson since the mid nineties and have always found them very good value for money and excellent service, but on this occasion they seemed to be sadly lacking. There had been an outbreak of Noro virus on the previous cruise and many of the restrictions where still in place, we only had one day when they were partially lifted. The Lido was not self service and all food was over cooked to stop any possible problems, passangers were unable to serve themselves, we were also not allowed to serve ourselves with tea or coffee. No Drinks Menus were on show for the full 14 days and no other information given to passengers regarding pricing for bar drinks. The passenger Laundry and Libary were also closed for the two weeks. Service was very slow all over the ship and especially in the main dining room. The meals generally were average and the only the soup was hot. The entertainment was at best average with the exception of the comedienne ( Brenda Collins.) We had no cinema showings even though they were advertised in the brochure. The ports of call were brilliant as were the tour reps in St Petersburg. We went on three bike tours with Martin of Star bikes which where very enjoyable and would fully recommend them. The only disappointment was that due to high winds we were unable to call at Stockholm. Would I go on the Celebration again ? Well at the moment no, I have booked Discovery 2 for next May and that will be the deciding factor whether I continue with Thomsoncruises in the future. The above is obviously my view and some first time cruisers may have thought this standard is the norm. I have sailed 16 times with Thomson and have never been dissatisfied until this cruise.

Disappointing

Marella Celebration Cruise Review by PX MAN

PX MAN’s Full Rating Summary
Get Marella Celebration price drops

We have had the cabin before and have always paid the supplement to guarantee our cabin. The cabin has plenty of room and plenty of wardrobe and drawer spaces. Very quiet cabin .
  Marella Celebration Deck Plans