My two Sisters and their Spouses and my Brother and his Spouse and my Wife and I went on the Regal Routes Cruise on the Oceania Marina for 10 days beginning June 2nd. This was our first Cruise with Oceania. We have traveled with Norwegian, Princess and Royal Caribbean in the past. Our embarkation went smoothly. The Cruise was darn near perfect. My Wife and I had room 7008, it had an extra large balcony that was great and my Sisters had almost identical rooms in 7006 and 7004. The Bathroom was amazing. You had your choice of a shower or a shower in a bathtub. Storage was fine. The weather was pretty good, it could have been warmer, but, we really only had 1 day for a couple of hours where we had to use our umbrellas in Kristiansand, Norway. The ship was great in great condition. We couldn't complain about a thing. Many people in past reviews complained about the entertainment. We went every night and it was very good every night. The comedian, Chas Burnett was great ! I saw him the next night and told him how funny he was without having to use profanity. He seemed very appreciative. The singers and dancers were very good as was the magician. The Cruise Director, Nolan Dean was a little quieter than most C.D.s, but, he put on a show one night with his assistant(his Girlfriend). It was kind of like a Sonny and Cher show, it was great. Their singing was very good and their comedic skills were just as good. We were pleasantly surprised. We had 5 dinners in the specialty restaurants out of 10 days. We ate 1 night at the Buffet. The large prawns and lobsters were perfect in the Buffet. I really couldn't complain about any of our dinners. Everybody that waited on us were amazing, but, then again we treat people the way we want to be treated, so, maybe, if you treat people with respect, you get treated better. We had a great time at all the ports and we appreciated that if the port wasn't right in town, Oceania supplied a shuttle free of charge. Our air was included from Oceania and though we were a little worried on the connection in Amsterdam flying over on KLM everything worked perfect. Our flight home was, also, fine. The one excursion we took from Oceania to the Breendonk SS Transit Camp in Antwerp was very good. So, it was a great Cruise with 2 little things that weren't perfect. We had Free Internet, but, if I had had to pay for it, I would have been living at Front Desk ! The poor Computer Guy can't be paid enough for all the people complaining to him. I couldn't use their computers, they wouldn't work. He told me to try my tablet in my room for better reception. It worked a little after 11 o'clock at night ! We didn't use it much, but, if we had and were paying for it I would have been upset. The other thing and it wasn't Oceania'a fault really. Because of windy conditions, we couldn't get into Amsterdam. My Sisters and my Brother had never been there, so, it was very disappointing for them. We had plans to take the train and go to the Hague and Rotterdam, so we were disappointed, too. Was the weather really that bad ? We got an extra day in Hamburg instead. Should Oceania have offered us something ? A bottle of wine or something ? It wouldn't have hurt. But, one other AMAZING thing for Oceania ! Our last port before debarking in Copenhagen was Gothenburg, Sweden. My Sister and her husband missed the last shuttle at 4 and couldn't find their way back, no one spoke English or knew where the ship was docked. They spent over $100 on cabs. Oceania called me at 5:20 and said they had to leave at 6. After a scary half hour they were able to locate the Cab company and give them directions to the port. The Port was at least a half hour away from downtown. Fortunately and gratefully they waited 5 minutes for my Sister to get back. Thank you very much Oceania. My Sister missing the ship would have definitely ruined the Cruise, no fault of Oceania. Our disembarkation was flawless except our shuttle never showed up, but, had no problem catching a bus to the airport. We will definitely travel with Oceania again.

Great Cruise - Almost Perfect

Marina Cruise Review by daveispar

• Sail Date: June 2017
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Verandah Stateroom

Our embarkation went smoothly.

The ship was great in great condition. We couldn't complain about a thing.

We will definitely travel with Oceania again.
daveispar’s Full Rating Summary