3. Zuiderdam
Chose this cruise because to the location and places visited, also we had cruised with Holland America in 2011 and thought the cruise line was really value for money. This trip everything was just subtly less so. No major disappointments, but lots of minor ones. We found Holland America to be very money hungry, just overall less generous than in 2011. The door key cards failed again and again, our cabin had only one stool to sit on, with a two person cabin. Others in the same category had a couple of chairs. The ports were great (Baltic region) but shore tours were very expensive and catered mostly to people who had a high level of fitness. I thought this was contradictory to the age group of the majority of the passengers. Personally, I would have appreciated more choices with a moderate level of fitness required. Meals were very tasty, but less generous than previously with less ease of service in the dining room if requiring a little something extra or slightly different to the menu items listed. Vegetables were in quite short supply, the servings being very small indeed, however, fresh and tasty. Holland America was one of my favorite cruise lines until this trip.......it has slipped down the list a little. I would cruise with them again, but I would want a very good deal! The destinations were fabulous!

Less impressed this cruise with Holland America

Zuiderdam Cruise Review by Magidoolie

• Sail Date: June 2017
  • Destination: Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom

The destinations were fabulous!
Magidoolie’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Zuiderdam price drops

Interior Stateroom
Cabin J 8004
Not so sure about the category, but ours was in interior stateroom. This was ok, as we booked quite late and were prepared for it to be windowless. Really needed a couple of chairs, as in room dining would have meant eating sitting on the bed. A little more space and some chairs would have made a huge difference to our level of satisfaction.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins