3. Crown Princess
Wanted to experience the Fjords so chose this cruise as they were offering balcony cabins at the same price as outside and 3rd person for half price. Getting on board was fine, a little crushed in the waiting area. Cabin was ready and was a decent size for a balcony cabin, the biggest we've had was on Carnival. This time we had a bed that came down from the ceiling. The cabin steward (Mervin) was very good and went quietly about his business. When booking we were encouraged to,upgrade and ended up with a cabin on deck 14 under the lido deck which I did worry would be noisy. The customer services assured me it wouldn't be but it was noisier than other cabins we have had, especially when they were wheeling trollies around the deck. We ate in Botticelli restaurant at 8pm and the food was beautiful. I felt the choice was a bit limited though. The service by Ralph was very very good. I would suggest that you don't let your child sit watching videos on an iPad in a formal dining room and spoil it for the surrounding tables! The breakfast buffet was very good and in fact the food in general in the main eating area was good especially the afternoon tea in the Caribe. Indoor seating was very hard to find and people were slow to clear their tables. There was always a plentiful supply of tea, coffee and water and the ice creams were free -P&O please note! I would say the food was better than P&O in general. Good hint the port side carpet has a red bit that the starboard side doesn't so when finding your room coming out of the lifts this helps. The casino was enjoyable but felt the minimum bets on the card tables was high. Also I felt the spa prices were silly money. The entertainment was very good, especially Mercury Rising. We never failed to find a seat. Unfortunately, we had a medical emergency on board so,ended up missing our scheduled stop in Stavanger. While this is unavoidable I do think the Captains comment about enjoying the white cliffs of Dover was a little poor as the only compensation for missing a day and the company should have done something as a gesture of goodwill for the remaining passengers. I also felt the prices of the shore excursions was high, we went on the glacier hike at approx £90 each. It basically amounted to a coach ride and free cake. It was a very strenuous hike. Norway in general is extortionate. There is nothing to do in Olden or Skjolden except a walk,or buy an excursion. I found non formal nights dress code was very casual compared to other lines. Also the main currency on an English based cruise was dollars which did disadvantage the pound in today's climate. I would travel with Princess again.

Surprisingly good

Crown Princess Cruise Review by Scotland Tigger

I would travel with Princess again.
Scotland Tigger’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Get Crown Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BC R341
Good clothes hanging space. Decent sized shower room. Balcony only has two chairs. Towels very small. Comfy beds.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins