3. Anthem of the Seas
We chose this cruise because we were part of the Autism on the Seas group. As always, the Autism on the Seas services were perfect for our Special Needs family. My son has non-verbal Autism and their services are incredibly important to us. Assistance during embarkation and disembarkation, tendering on and off of the boat, assisted meal times, a private dining room, and then all of the special times at the activities and respite! Oh my, I'm never traveling without Autism on the Seas! The Royal Caribbean staff were also friendly and helpful, as well, and were very accommodating to our family's needs. The only reason this gets 4 stars instead of 5 is that there were simply a LOT of people. This meant lines for everything - food in the Windjammer, lines at guest services, and (a particular trouble for us) lines at the elevators. Yes, there are stairs, but only two banks of elevators on such a HUGE ship seems to be a poor design.

We had a great time!

Anthem of the Seas Cruise Review by baylorflamingo

baylorflamingo’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Get Royal Caribbean Anthem of the Seas price drops

This cabin was GIANT! As you can see from the floor plan, it is larger than the average Oceanview rooms and I have absolutely no complaint. Our son has special needs and having the extra space for him to play was a bonus. The area in front of the window was perfect! My only complaints are that it needs a doorbell because there is a smaller outer door that you have to pass through from the main hallway to get to this room. That is fine if you are traveling alone and want some quiet, but we were with a group and could not hear when someone was knocking on the outside door. Overall, I would absolutely book this room again.
  Anthem of the Seas Deck Plans

• Carriage Ride
    This was a fabulous excursion! We took a bus to Acadia and drove to the top of Cadillac Mountain where we were able to take a few photos. Then, the bus drove us to the stables where we boarded horse drawn carriages (ours held 12 people) and took a guided tour through the park. It was very interesting and informative and our guides were very knowledgeable about the history of the park. This was a fun and charming way to see Acadia and was a highlight of our trip.
    View All 10 Carriage Ride Reviews
  • Whale Watch
    This excursion was very good. While we didn't see any whales, we saw a few seals. In general, it was a guided tour around the Halifax harbor and out to sea on a small boat. The topography and landscape were beautiful, the seas were calm, and it was a beautiful day. But, I could easily see becoming seasick if the seas had been rough in any way. Also, it was a long walk from where our cruise ship docked to where the Whale Watching boat departed. So, be aware!
    View All 15 Whale Watch Reviews