• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Silver Whisper Review

Editor Rating
9 Awards

Nice time, and we got introduced to some new cities we never expected to like!

Review for Silver Whisper to the Baltic Sea
missnath
6-10 Cruises • Age 30s

Sail Date: Jun 2017
Cabin: Veranda Suite

Needed to be in Denmark, so we we did this cruise first. My travel companion had been on other silverseas cruises so she really built it up, and we were both a bit let down. The ship seemed a bit old, but it was comfortable. My biggest issue with this entire cruise is that the staff literally didn't' seem to understand our needs. By the last day, the staff was understanding us, but it was too bad it took that long for them to figure us out.

I also had an issue with the food... and the service at the main restaurant was so slow. In general the staff wasn't hussling at all, just taking their time, and we would wait and wait. The drip coffee was really bad, so we had to have lattes and then it would take about 10 minutes to get. The food was good, but reminded me of a local chain restaurant. We did eat at the Relais and Chateau restaurant two nights which was better. We chose to eat in the cities we were visiting whenever possible. We did love the clothing and jewelry on the ship and ended up purchasing quite a bit of both! The bar tender at the main bar was also excellent, as was the barista at the panorama coffee bar. The in room movie selection was also very good.

We did discover that we love Hamburg and Amsterdam which surprised us! The tours were efficient but typical cruise tours which wasn't surprising. I was expecting a very luxurious experience, and it seemed like a Celebrity cruise. Had my travel partner not talked it up so much i would have been more pleased. It was a good value, and we did have a nice time. If i sail again, i would like to go on a newer ship.

Veranda Suite

A bit dated decor but very comfortable and slept great. Good quality linens and towels. Would have preferred a lounge chair on the deck.

Find a Silver Whisper Cruise from $3,150