3. Norwegian Sky
This was my second cruise on The Sky. This trip was a 360. I brought my family on this cruise to Cuba and had high expectations. Embarkation was a disaster, there was a line snaked a mile long. Latitude members were shuffled to a separate line but the line was just as long because the ship members were not checking sail passes. As we entered the ship, I had to engage the welcome committee.. they were having their own conversation instead of welcoming guests, bars were not open for guests, cabins were not ready, food was unprepared. Our cabin was what we expected but we never met our steward, no pool towels and no anticipated towel animals in both rooms. Dining in the buffets were lackluster with long lines because others were waiting for dishes to be replenished. And this was all in the first day. When we booked our day excursion the shipmate helping us tried to 'sell' us on a unpopular trip instead of just booking the one we wanted. The Cuba port was amazing. We loved the Ultimate Tour, it gave us a quick look at certain parts of Havana. Although, the shop we stopped "El Dorado" sold us nothing but knotted cigars. This was very disappointing to a man who was celebrating his 50th Birthday! We also went to The Tropicana. We were in love with the idea of this experience. We never saw our server except for when we went to look for him and then he charged us for our drinks when we never received the ones included in the excursion. The entertainment was incredible and is recommended but not the service. Our day on the private island was disappointing also! We had to bring not only our Sail card but also a photo ID. It was never asked for but the fact we had to bring it was unsettling. We had to wait for 3 hours to disembark for the private island. Because we did not book any excursions, we were last off the boat. Which meant we only had less hours on the island. For an all inclusive ship, we were told by a crew member we would be charged for our drinks. This was not true as we went to the bar prepared to pay. The dining rooms were average. The food was above average in the dining rooms but he service on our last evening was horrible. Needless to say, I do not recommend this boat. Cuba, yes, but not The Norwegian Sky.

Norwegian Sky not shooting for the stars!

Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by Chefhelen3

Ages 16+
Get Norwegian Sky price drops

Oceanview Porthole Window
Cabin OG 8262
Cabin is what I expected BUT the stewards service was less than desired. We never did meet our head steward. If we would've met him he would've known to move our twin beds to a double for my husband and I. And having two rooms you would expect the same service but only one room received the anticipated towel animal and just on the first evening. Our sheets were never changed, no pool towels, overcharged for the mini bar.
Viking Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins