Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review

Serenade of the Seas Cruise Review by Betty Lin

• Sail Date: Jun 2017
  • Destination: the Baltic Sea
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom

I choose this cruise only because of it itinerary only. It is the only cruise line that offer 3 days in St Petersburg. Now that I have gone, I think 2 days will be enough which mean many other cruise lines to choose from.

I have been with Princess cruises, Celebrity cruises and P&O. I have never experience a cruise which just want to push the customers to buy and buy. First, throughout the ship, there are booths setting up trying to sell customer drinks and to sell customers to take pictures. The very one thing that turns me off is that they even sell you to pay extra to go to other speciality restaurant right in front of the main dinning room and while you are already sitting at your dinning table inside the dinning room. Imagine the situation that we are walking into the main dinning room or when we are already sitting down at the dinner table, preparing ourselves for a fine, nice dinner and someone is telling you to spend some money in other better restaurant. What does this mea to men? Does it mean the restaurant that we are going to dine is not a good one? I honestly don't think this is a good idea to try to get income this way. Also, they are selling Sushi inside the dinning room while we are having our meal.

Both Princess and Celebrity offer customers the opportunity to go inside the kitchen to have a look of how's the catering job done. For Royal caribbean, it request us to pay for a look. Well, speechless.

Overall, food is very average. In the main dinning room, the food is serve cold even it is suppose to be hot dish. The presentation of soup is so awful as you can clearly see the soup spill around the bowl. I have never seen this kind of food presentation in other cruise line. If they make an extra effort to wipe the bowl slightly, we would not notice about it.

Royal Caribbean close its buffet restaurant between lunch, and snack and dinner. Princess and Celebrity never close it even though they are changing their food as per different section time.

Service desk staff - unbelievable rude. First, they don't carry smile. Even when I settle my payment, they don't even say thank you. I was in a group of 13 and we were allocated in 2 different disembarkation time. I asked for some luggage tags which matched the other group. I was given that at the first time with no problem. Then after 20 minutes, I get back to the same staff and get 2 extra tags. He look at me and said "you have taken too many tags". I told him I have got 13 people and each of us have 2 or some of us have more luggage. I am not asking to waste it". After he heard of this, he turn his back to me going to get the tags for me but without saying a word. As a customer, I feel very bad being treat like this. I just not feeling comfortable.

For entertainment, their show is okay despite some are really boring. People have to leave just after the show start. There are several nights that they only have 1 show for the whole night. That's just mean some of the customers are going to miss out.

I am very sure that I will not get on Royal Caribbean anymore.

Betty Lin's Full Rating Summary

Interior Stateroom
Cabin K 2009

cabin size is good ok. All decoration is old but clean.

Betty Lin