3. Harmony of the Seas
We planned our voyage on HOS about 9 months prior. Lured in with exciting features like the zip line, rock climbing wall, ultimate abyss, wave rider, water slides, etc... Sounds great right? Well, my kids barely got to do any of these because they were open so infrequently. So, when they were open, the lines were up to a half an hour long. There were over 6000 people on the ship which was too many. The staff could not accommodate. The service in the dining room was poor and I have never experienced so many rude staff members on a cruise. Not just apathetic, straight up rude. I couldn't believe how much money I paid compared to cruises I have been on in the past to be treated like the plebeians on the Titanic. The next thing that was awful was the constant smell of sewage in all of the hallways and our room. Yes, SEWAGE!!! Royal Caribbean needs to figure out a way to not have the cabins smell so bad. It was disgusting. There were so many pushes for up-sells. I don't know if this is a Royal Caribbean thing in general now because I usually cruise on Celebrity and haven't been on a RC cruise in years. They tried to up-sell you everywhere you went. It was extremely annoying. The dining room was very unorganized. The first night our table was never even offered drinks! They also charge for room service now. The Windjammer's food was unimpressive and it was hard to get a table unless you ate at off times. Same with the dining room. This is why we ate dinner at 5:30... Pros: Wonderland restaurant. Absolutely incredible experience. The aqua show was also quite spectacular. The rooms were nice sized and the beds were comfortable. The ship is also beautiful!!! It is still very shiny and new. In the end, I will stick with smaller ships where I am treated well. I have never had a bad experience on a cruise until this one. Ironic, since this cruise was more than double what I paid for any in the past. I was so unimpressed I will most likely never cruise on Royal Caribbean again. I met many other passengers who felt the same way. The last two days at sea the passengers were like sardines in a tin can. The pools were filthy because there were so many people in them. You couldn't have paid me to get in that pool. I heard many people exclaim how they could not wait to leave! Even my kids were bored by the end because the activities were always closed or packed and the pool was filled with 50 plus people ( not joking, my daughter counted) when the sign said the occupancy was 21 with a half hour wait for the water slide. The best part of the cruise was the private snorkeling tour we did in St. Thomas. (Not through the ship). Tip to Royal Caribbean, if you don't have enough staff or amenities to accommodate all of the passengers, don't be greedy and book so many. Tip to future passengers, don't choose this trip if you are expecting luxury. Also, check your bill! Lots of mistakes on ours.

Mega ship was a mega disappointment

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by Penguin143

Penguin143’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Get Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas price drops

Cabin was well designed with a very big bathroom for a cruise. The only downfall was the constant smell of sewage.
  Harmony of the Seas Deck Plans