3. Norwegian Spirit
First off, the ship review; We love NCL… we have tried other cruise lines but we love the freestyle cruising, the relaxed atmosphere, and the people that choose NCL… the people that join NCL on the cruises just want to enjoy themselves, meet people and bring back great memories. We’ve met amazing people on the cruises we’ve been on. NCL has so many different destinations and luckily to the places we want to explore. We always choose the beverage package and dining package, and we take full advantage of the specialty restaurants. They pretty much have the same restaurants on every ship, and we’ve tried them all. The meals in the specialty restaurants are delicious. We haven’t had a bad experience with the food ever…. They give you choices of restaurants from French, American, Italian, Japanese and Brazilian. The main dining rooms are also pretty good, they are obviously not as intimate as the specialty restaurants but they sill serve pretty good food. The buffet is a buffet… the food is alright and will fill in if you don’t get into the restaurant for your meal. The entertainment on the ships are always pretty good too, there are always so many options as well, from piano bars, to guitar players, game shows, to the big productions… something for everyone. NCL does a a great job in keeping the public areas clean, and the one thing that is huge on each and every cruise we’ve been on is the staff…. we have never come across a staff member that isn’t smiling, willing to talk to us and ready to help with any request. Great team on every ship we’ve been on. On this particular ship, the Spirit, we hung out at Galaxy of the stars after our excursions, get there early and sit front and center to watch the ship pull away from port. Then go and enjoy your meal. We were actually so worn out from our excursions that we didn’t partake in any of the big shows, we sat at Champagne Charlie’s after dinner and enjoyed a few drinks and headed off to our cabin… early morning for our next excursion! I have to say we really enjoyed the sea days during this cruise, it gave us a chance to digest the past few days excursions and just relax. We had quite a full itinerary and wanted to get the most of each port. We took advantage of the last minute upgrade and had the Virgo suite…I have to say i was so very glad we did that for the 12 day cruise. We had our own butler, Antonio and concierge, Florentina. They spoiled us!! They had such a special surprise for my husbands birthday I highly recommend that you upgrade if you can.. it takes the cruise to a different level. The cabin is amazing, we had a little dining area, with daily appetizers, a little sitting room and the bed and bathroom were in a whole different area that you could close off from the sitting area. Which was perfect when I was wide awake at 2am and wanted to read/write, while my husband slept. One of my main questions when i was searching reviews was how was the weather, what do I pack… well it was mid October, so it was cool in the mornings and warm during the days…. dress in layers. I had a little sweater and a raincoat that I could pack up and carry in my purse. Wear comfy shoes, you will walk a lot and the roads are un even in some places. Of course each person is different, I wore long sleeves and my friend had on sleeveless with her hoodie…if you have more questions you can always ask me…

Amazing Cruise - Excursions were incredible

L0bsterl0ver’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Spirit price drops

Penthouse with Large Balcony
Cabin SF 10018
The cabin was an unexpected upgrade and we loved it.... the ship is older so keep that in mind. The cabin was perfect for the 12 day cruise. We had our own separate sleeping area that we could close off to the rest of the cabin. The bath and shower had floor to ceiling windows which was great! we had two sinks and an extra little vanity area. The main part of the cabin had a little dining area for four, a couch and chair with TV... the balcony was a good size as well. We really enjoyed the upgrade with our butler and concierge as well as the other little perks you receive in these suites.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Athens (Piraeus)
    check out PK Travel - Full Day Athens tour and if you can, ask for Michael! (pktravelgreece.com) Our guide was so enthusiastic and full of stories, knowledgeable and so engaging. We couldn’t stop talking about this tour. For lunch you have free time, find Arcadia. I tried the Moussaka and wow it was so good!
    We hit all the sites with stories at each one.... Michael kept us entertained the whole time, and we noticed other guides and people listening to him.
    View All 12,810 Athens (Piraeus) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Athens (Piraeus) Cruise Port Review
  • Dubrovnik
    AMAZING!!!! absolutely one of the most beautiful cities we went to and tour we went on… the company is just amazing, we had such a knowledgeable guide, John, on the tuk-tuk and throughout old town. (if you aren’t booking ship excursions i have the info for the tuk-tuks) our guide through old town, Maria, was just the best, she told us such great stories and most importantly, gave us the best recommendation for lunch… Dubrovnik Restaurant…we all loved it there, it’s down an alley… ha ha… and upstairs, if you can find it, amazing food and service!!
    View All 12,810 Dubrovnik Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Dubrovnik Cruise Port Review
  • Florence (Livorno)
    Florence tour (tuscansunshinetours.com) just when we thought we couldn’t do any better on the tours we picked…. enter Franco and Guilia. From the moment we hopped into Franco’s van (Mercedes) he provided so much information. He was another great guide… told us stories, answered all our questions, provided so much information on Florence & Pisa… we also want to go back to Florence & Pisa again. We booked Guilia to be our guide in Florence and to get us into Academia…. what a wonderful guide. She knew we were short on time, showed us around the museum first and told the best stories with such animation, we loved listening to her. She took us around Florence and when it was time for her to go i don’t think any of us wanted her to leave…. another highly recommended tour.
    View All 12,810 Florence (Livorno) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Florence (Livorno) Cruise Port Review
  • Hiking
    we booked the excursion with NCL - Hike to the top of city walls… it’s a pretty long, steep walk so if you have any walking problems it might not be the tour for you… uneven ground. Once you get to the top, amazing views!! the hike was pretty good too, just to get some exercise into our cruise
  • City Tour
    Mykonos on foot - this was ok… we could have done Mykonos on our own, the group was quite large and at times it was hard to hear our guide. We still did get a lot of information that we normally wouldn't know about.
    View All 41 City Tour Reviews
  • Naples
    See Amalfi Coast-(seeamalficoast.com) Pompeii-Sorrento-Positano Amazing tour! i would do it a hundred times over!! We learned so much and enjoyed th driving, scenery and of course the food!! Ask for Vito…he was so much fun, gave us the tour of our lives and we want to go back and stay for awhile. I don’t have enough space here to tell you all about it…i’ll write more on trip advisor but if you get the chance you really should book this tour!… and go to Cosantino for lunch, Gargiulo for olive oil, beautiful scenery, great food. We all loved Vito!!
    View All 12,810 Naples Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Naples Cruise Port Review
  • Rome (Civitavecchia)
    See Amalfi Coast - Rome Tour - we also set up a guide for the Vatican and Sistine Chapel - best decision ever to get our own guide for the Vatican and Sistine Chapel. This was such a busy tour, i want to do it again. So much to see and with such little time. Our guide in the Vatican and Sistine Chapel was just perfect. She was able to scoot us past some long line ups and point out so much for us to see that we would surely miss on our own. again, I highly recommend this tour. (I don’t remember our guides name at the vatican but she really was amazing!)
    View All 12,810 Rome (Civitavecchia) Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Rome (Civitavecchia) Cruise Port Review
  • Toulon
    We did not take a tour in Toulon but just walked around on our own. We hit the market, did the little train ride and sat and had some lunch.
    View All 298 Toulon Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Toulon Cruise Port Review
  • Doge's Palace
    I went to Viator and fond the Venice walking tour plus skip the lines Doge’s Palace and St. Mark’s Basilica . We did the 9am tour which i recommend, it wasn’t as crazy busy as the afternoon tour and it was cooler so it was nice to wander around. It did get hot in the afternoon, so we were all glad we took the early tour. Check them out, we would use them again. (I wrote my review on viator.com)
    We each had headsets in order to hear our guide, they worked out perfectly, be sure to test yours before going in, we did have to switch one of ours out.
    View All 40 Doge's Palace Reviews
  • St. Mark's Square
    We are glad we did the tour combination, Venice Walking Tour plus skip the lines Dog's Palace and St. Mark's Basilica. We were with a group of about 12, among other groups that size but we were able to hear our guide and learn about the square.
    View All 41 St. Mark's Square Reviews