Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by Wendy Phillips

• Sail Date: Jun 2017
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony

I chose this cruise as it was a special "0" birthday and a Caribbean cruise was on my bucket list. I especially liked the Adventure of the Seas itinerary and particularly the fact that on my birthday I would be visiting Marigot Bay in St. Lucia - a place I have always wanted to see.

However this was not to be. After my departure from London, I received an email informing me that St. Lucia was cancelled and the money paid for my tour with Royal Caribbean was to be refunded. I wanted to talk to someone at RC before I boarded the ship. This proved impossible from my hotel in San Juan, as I was told by RC in USA that they could not access my booking as it was made in London. I was finally told to talk to Customer Services on the ship. I find it totally astonishing that a huge international company could not put me through to anyone who could help. I sent two emails to Royal Caribbean, but received no reply. Needless to say, on the ship I was told that Customer Services could not help me regarding my complaint that the tour had been cancelled, and that I had not been offered anything else. It was impossible to book any tours for the new destination, Martinique, on board as the queue was huge.

I then tried to call RC in the UK from the Diamond Club. The Diamond Club guest services manager looked up the phone number on the internet. With my help we located the number, but again could not get through. It seems there is no dedicated service or number for 'international' guests such as myself.

The entertainment was good, shopping - seen it all before (!) - no bargains onboard. Didn't do any activities as we were off the ship every day and we booked independent tours based on Trip Advisor reviews. All the independent tours were good, and the only one booked with Royal Caribbean was cancelled ...!

All in all very inadequate customer service once you are a captive passenger and they have your money. It makes me very nervous as to what would happen in an emergency to a European passenger travelling outside Europe.....

Wendy Phillips's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin E1 7644

Cabin was ok. Felt like it needed updating, but clean and serviceable. Deck 7 - a good location. Carpet had seen better days! Our cabin attendant Mike was great.

Wendy Phillips