3. Sun Princess
We went on the Sun Princess because it offered a 2 day sojourn up the coast from Sydney to Brisbane which was a much better option than flying. Its a beautiful ship. 2 days does not give you a lot of chances to experience it and one cannot really comment much on service nor décor nor facilities. Embarkation was brilliant and I still shake my head in shock in that I left my house at 1045 hours and was eating at the horizon buffet on board the ship at 1215 hours. If I did not look out of any windows nor walk along the promenade deck I would swear that the whole trip we were actually tied up at a dock, it was that smooth and silent. The cabin was hugely disappointing, my first inside cabin and my last. Cabin A630. It was small, cramped, and stuffy. The air conditioning was on full blast on cold and yet it felt we were always in some sauna. Hot, always. Heard that was a common problem on this trip with passengers in inside cabins, so if you crave cool air, do not book inside cabins. Did ask for it to be fixed but obviously it did not happen. Very glad I was on for only 2 days and not the entire voyage or else I would have been sleeping every night on a deck chair somewhere. Also disappointed that I could not even buy a magnet in the shape of the ship for a price of $7.95 because we were not going into international waters and therefore not eligible. So no mementos of Sun Princess. Overall, the service was impeccable, and the crew outstanding. Food okay but not any better than other cruise liners. Princess stands out for service and cleanliness.

Too short to be sure

Sun Princess Cruise Review by Sanjanjo

Overall, the service was impeccable, and the crew outstanding.

Food okay but not any better than other cruise liners.

Princess stands out for service and cleanliness.
Sanjanjo’s Full Rating Summary
Get Sun Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin IE A630
Cramped and way too hot. Air conditioning non existent. Beds way too soft. Pillows fantastic.
Totally put off inside cabins due the heat.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins