3. Azamara Quest
The advantages of going on a small cruise ship is its easy to get on and off without a huge crowd. Checkin was easy so was disembarking and finding your luggage. The crew as usual was great, helpful visible, the ship was spotless, service was impeccable as always. This was an unusual cruise with 3 large groups totaling over 200, all American and young. This changed the vibe of the cruise, in my opinion for the better. Lots of people in their 20-30s range and a few kids. It was easy to get a lounger around the pool, which I couldn't say of many other ships, free sorbet was offered as you sat there in the afternoons. Movies in the evening was nice with blankets if you got cold. The itinerary was great, the islands were amazing all different and worth seeing. Turkey was wonderful, the economy was hurting because most of the cruises were avoiding the country. That reduced the crowds considerably. We were the only ship in port and we got some amazing bargains in the bazar. They sell genuine fakes. Which was funny to see. But they were honest. The quality was excellent and at a fraction of the price compared to the duty free at the airport. The Amazing evening was a wonderful local Greek pianist playing in the local town square in Crete with Greek dancers and a fireworks display in the bay over the ship. Wonderful evening that the locals could enjoy too. My cabin was a handicapped mini suite. Which was nice with the larger bathroom and free bar if you like to drink. Wasted on me as I don't. The only drawback was the lack of storage in the bathroom. Barely anywhere to put your toothbrush as it is designed to be able to get a wheelchair in under the sink. The only other drawback is the front door. The usual deadbolt was deactivated. So there was no way to keep the cabin attendants or butler out unless you had the do not disturb sign out. Also the automatic door opener was right next to the bathroom light switch. So in the middle on the night if you went to the bathroom and turned on the light you could open the door by accident and not be able to close it. So I left the bathroom light on all the time with the door closed to save any embarrassment. My only other comment would be the menus are now including vegetarian as well vegan and gluten free food at every location. Great if you want it but it now restricts us boring meat and potatoes kind of people. So I only ate at the main dining room once when it was prime rib night. Which was fabulous. Also they are trying to make all the deserts healthy by reducing the sugar and fat content. But somethings are just not meant to be healthy and going on holiday for a week I just splurge and go on a diet when I get home. Any food allergies they really go out of their way to help, just order a day in advance in the main dining room. Amazing they will do that for you. It was my first time in a mini suite, it was nice but for the money I would rather get a cheaper cabin and go on two cruises. You aren't in the room so much so it doesn't matter that much. I have another two cruises booked next year on Azamara so that says what I think of them.

Great Cruise

Azamara Quest Cruise Review by Unitedflyier

BBMacLaird, CBO - Azamara Club Cruises has responded
Thank you Unitedflyier for the cruise review. We appreciate everyone who takes the time to post a review. And thank you for booking two more Azamara cruises! We look forward to welcoming you back aboard!
Unitedflyier’s Full Rating Summary
Get Azamara Quest price drops

Club Continent Suite
Cabin N2 6056
Just watch the door. It can't be dead bolted from the inside as it is a disabled suite. The light switch on the inside to automatically open the door is next to the bathroom light, so you can get into an embarrassing situation in the evenings. I just left the bathroom light on all the time so I didn't have to use the light switch.

Also there is no way to lock the cabin attendants or your butler out. So I left the closet door open so if they tried to get in while I was in the bathroom they would hit the door and leave. The only other way is to always use the card saying do not disturb or make my room up. This wasn't really true it just meant I'm in or out.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Ephesus
    It was the highlight tour, so many packages were offered a bit confusing. Worth seeing as not as crowded as it used to be with so many avoiding Turkey. I think the other tours were longer. We took the ships umbrellas as there is little shade. A good tip helped a lot. The marble paths and steps can be very slippery, be carful.
  • House of the Virgin Mary
    Not worth seeing in my opinion. But it was part of the tour so we went in.
    View All 80 House of the Virgin Mary Reviews